shape
carat
color
clarity

Vintage YG Charm Bracelet

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
After reading Lady Disdain's thread in Hangout about the lack of action over here, I decided to post my inherited charm bracelet. It was my paternal grandmother's and I used to always ask her to take it out so I could examine it and try it on when I was a little girl. She left me many special things but this is by far my favorite piece and I wanted to share it with you, and especially AGBF because I know she loves charm bracelets!

_34852.jpg

_34853.jpg

cb3.jpg

cb10.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are a few more photos. I don't know a whole lot about the bracelet itself or the charms, but most of them are stamped 14k, and I think the Mother charm is jade? It's green in the middle although it appears almost black in the photos.

_34854.jpg

_34855.jpg

cb6.jpg

_34856.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of the charms wasn't soldered on and it fell off when I was wearing it a few months ago, and several of the charms are missing stones. The whole thing needs to be cleaned and polished, but I feel a little sad at the thought of polishing away years of wear that came from being on her wrist...I will probably leave it be for a while before restoring it, or I may leave it be forever and let my daughter decide what she'd like to do with it when I'm gone.

cb9.jpg

cb8.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, Monnie! I am so glad I saw this. It is exquisite. I sometimes miss threads that are not in Hangout. I even miss things posted in The Gold Thread for weeks on end if I have gotten out of the habit of checking it. (And The Gold Thread is my favorite thread!)

As you may know, some of us who have charm bracelets have our own threads, as you now do, but that has not kept us from also adding our charm bracelets to the main charm bracelet thread. I do not even know if that is currently open if I will have to ask Ella to re-open it. But I would really hate to have our general charm bracelet thread exist without photos of your bracelet being in it as well as in your own thread!

Please post your photos to this thread as well. And thank you so much for singling me out for notice. You are always so kind!

Hugs,
Deb :wavey:

"Show Us Your Traditional Charm Bracelets" (the main charm bracelet thread on Pricescope)...[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-us-your-traditional-charm-bracelets.134071/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-us-your-traditional-charm-bracelets.134071/[/URL]

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Deb! I'm glad you found my thread--I made sure to prompt you over in Hangout just in case you don't check this subforum often.

I definitely remember the main charm bracelet thread. I posted my own bracelet there several years ago and you asked me to post better/more pictures which I never got around to. I plan to do that tonight! I will also add these photos of my grandmother's bracelet. She would LOVE knowing that I shared it with PS and that others were admiring it. She was very into diamonds and jewelry and is probably the main reason I am a member of this site. She gave me my very first diamond ring; I must have been about 5 years old--I still have that little ring. I'll save it for another thread someday.

:wavey:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monnie: what a wonderful gift to get from your grandmother!

What does the second charm from the left depict? It looks kind of like a gold crate with pieces of coral in it...???

ETA - hmm... my best guess is that it's a crate of oranges from Florida....

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1444599035|3937288 said:
Monnie: what a wonderful gift to get from your grandmother!

What does the second charm from the left depict? It looks kind of like a gold crate with pieces of coral in it...???

ETA - hmm... my best guess is that it's a crate of oranges from Florida....

You're right! It is a crate of oranges. She spent a lot of time in Florida and kept vacation homes there for many years. I think several of the charms were purchased from jewelers in Fort Lauderdale, iirc.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results