shape
carat
color
clarity

Vintage vine diamond band size 5.25 anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
FYI- that seller is Fay Cullen. Just so that you know.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And it''s a vintage style band.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Interesting name, "carbonspot."

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 7:34:32 PM
Author: coatimundi
Interesting name, ''carbonspot.''

Describes their diamonds.
3.gif

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/9/2009 7:20:28 PM
Author: Upgradable
FYI- that seller is Fay Cullen. Just so that you know.

OH NO! I didn't even realize that! Well...I suppose for under 100.00 can you complain to much? I am so glad this isn't my size! Where would I be w/o you all!

Thanks for the FYI!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I think she has plenty of very beatiful things!! I just like the security of knowing that if I get something and do not like it I have the option of sending it back hassle-free.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/9/2009 8:55:27 PM
Author: Upgradable
I think she has plenty of very beatiful things!! I just like the security of knowing that if I get something and do not like it I have the option of sending it back hassle-free.

I agree! That was the first site I found on my vintage ring search! But after the horror stories I''ve heard I wont touch anything by them! Which is super sad because they have some really unique and beautiful pieces!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
no kidding!

LS

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Redrose: If you look closely, you can see a "seam line" (not the correct technical term, I''m sure) on the inside curves, indicating that this ring was cast from a mold, probably of an original art nouveau piece. I imagine there were molded pieces even back at the turn of the 20th century, but 1) I expect that the finish work was much better back then, making it much more difficult (and possibly pointless) to pick out the molded pieces, and 2) a piece that has an obvious seam line is probably not the best example from that period, and probably not the one you''d want to pick up on if you have a choice. The reference to "full cut diamonds" is also a bit of a give-away... I''d expect miner-cuts, rose cuts, or (at most) Old European cuts with a true art nouveau piece. I trust that there are more experienced PS old piece buyers who will (gently, please
3.gif
) correct my observations.

BTW I''m only noting these things so you''ll adjust your "filters" accordingly, and keep posting any great finds you stumble upon that (drat it all!) don''t happen to be in your finger size!
2.gif

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 10:51:10 PM
Author: VRBeauty
Redrose: If you look closely, you can see a ''seam line'' (not the correct technical term, I''m sure) on the inside curves, indicating that this ring was cast from a mold, probably of an original art nouveau piece. I imagine there were molded pieces even back at the turn of the 20th century, but 1) I expect that the finish work was much better back then, making it much more difficult (and possibly pointless) to pick out the molded pieces, and 2) a piece that has an obvious seam line is probably not the best example from that period, and probably not the one you''d want to pick up on if you have a choice. The reference to ''full cut diamonds'' is also a bit of a give-away... I''d expect miner-cuts, rose cuts, or (at most) Old European cuts with a true art nouveau piece. I trust that there are more experienced PS old piece buyers who will (gently, please
3.gif
) correct my observations.

BTW I''m only noting these things so you''ll adjust your ''filters'' accordingly, and keep posting any great finds you stumble upon that (drat it all!) don''t happen to be in your finger size!
2.gif
Good observations!! I''m running all my antique jewelry purchases by you!!!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/9/2009 11:26:33 PM
Author: swingirl

Good observations!! I''m running all my antique jewelry purchases by you!!!
Thanks for the vote of confidence, swingirl!

I probably don''t even need to mention that I''m learning the hard way to look verrry closely before bidding...
2.gif

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for those pointers! I have another one if you if want to check up on it! It does say Old miner cut...but it looks a little wonky. So, I''ll see if I can post pics and let you have a look! Might not be until tomorrow though! I should be in bed right now!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/9/2009 7:36:07 PM
Author: neatfreak

.Describes their diamonds
3.gif
LOL
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results