shape
carat
color
clarity

Vintage studs: Not enjoying this process like I thought I would

MercurialK

Rough_Rock
I have wanted studs for a long time. I looked in jewelry stores and online (mostly at OMCs, OEC and I’ve seen lots of RB). I found a pair of rose cuts that seemed really unique and my boyfriend bought them so we could have them set for a birthday or holiday present.

I like them, but I don’t know if I LOVE them. Rose cuts are not to everyone’s taste,but I like them. They aren’t firey and they sparkle less than just about every other cut. They are spready for their carat weight. I won’t get anything that looks as big in the ear for the money.

No one local seems to know how to set them to show them off well and now I’m not sure what to do.

I’m rubbish at pics but I’ll try to add some.

Reactions: AV_

MercurialK

Rough_Rock
I think it’s more accurate to say I do love them, but I’m not sure I wouldn’t love something else more. I’m having trouble visualizing how they’ll look set.

Jujeh

Rough_Rock
I like rose cuts for rings, but I'm not a fan for earrings. To me, the point of diamond studs is that people suddenly catch a glimpse of glitter when you turn your head. Even really small diamond studs can have a big effect ... I'm wearing 0.25 ct in each ear now and I really like them.

I would use those stones in a toi et moi ring and get other studs ... sorry if this isn't helpful but that's just how I feel.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
I adore rose cuts! For earrings, I like them especially in a cluster style.
How about some pictures?

MercurialK

Rough_Rock
@Jujeh I know exactly what you mean.

@PreRaphaelite, there are pics in the link, but my attempts to get pics were a dismal failure! I need to work on my macro pics!

As much as I like them I think they are going back. It doesn't help that local jewelers did really seem that interested in setting them for me.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Awwwwww. Well I hope you find stones you love!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Jujeh I know exactly what you mean.

@PreRaphaelite, there are pics in the link, but my attempts to get pics were a dismal failure! I need to work on my macro pics!

As much as I like them I think they are going back. It doesn't help that local jewelers did really seem that interested in setting them for me.

You can likely get Ilya who sold them to you to set them.

I was going to say dangle earrings.

But I also decided that I think rose cuts are cool but not for me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results