shape
carat
color
clarity

Vintage Sapphire and Old European Cut 3 stone

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Hi all,

Several years ago I sold a beautiful vintage three stone and have regretted it ever since. I've been on the hunt for a replacement and stumbled upon this. I know little about colored stones, but something about this ring caught my eye. What I'm confused about is price. It's being marketed as a 5.9mm, 1 ct sapphire with Kashmir blue color. No disclosure about heat treatment and I frankly don't care tremendously as I'm buying it for the overall look, not the stone. The diamonds are 45 points each and near colorless. They look old and chunky in the pictures. The mounting is platinum and looks to be quite pretty and delicate. Asking price is $3,095. Curious to hear any thoughts or opinions. Thanks!

screen_shot_2016-12-30_at_3.png

screen_shot_2016-12-30_at_0.png

screen_shot_2016-12-30_at_1.png

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That stone is going to be very, very dark irl.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, Dem! it's so good to see you!

Gosh that setting is just gorgeous! Definitely a design to save! I have always wanted a 3 stone with sapphires and diamonds, too. I agree that I do not care about heat since it is so common..color and cut are more important to me.

I am going to have to say, though, that I think the stones are just too small when you have about a 2.5 ct e-ring. I think you'd really need more like a 7mm center with 5mm sides to have decent finger coverage, and that still would look smaller compared to your e-ring. It's really pretty, but I just think you'd find it too small and delicate. I do have a couple of those Beaudry settings with 1 ct size centers, but those have halos so they work with my e-ring.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I should add, though, that if there is a return period, it certainly is worth taking a look at to be sure!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If they have a return period the only way you will know for sure is if you get it and see, many of the sapphires I have seen look nothing like vendor photos in real life...... The centre sapphire could be too dark, the diamonds do look white and clean at least in the photos.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results