shape
carat
color
clarity

Vintage sapphire and diamond leverback earrings.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are an Ebay find and I have been looking for some lovely "floral" vintage style earrings. According to the seller, they are true vintage from the 1950''s in 14kwg with bright blue genuine sapphires and .20ct in diamonds. These are the sellers photos....so I have yet to receive them. I hope they are lovelier IRL. The diamonds appear to be mine cut.............. I HOPE SO!!

14KSapphire4.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just got shipment confirmation! Can''t wait to get them!

14KSapphire5.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can''t wait to get them! Did I say that I can''t wait to get them??
31.gif

14KSapphire6.jpg

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
cushioncutnut - the earrings look lovely, and I''m keeping my fingers crossed that they''ll be even better IRL! But you know, even if the sapphires aren''t as nice as you''d hope, they''re small enough and set so that you could easily switch them out for nicer ones. Also, did they really have leverbacks in the 1950''s? I thought those were more recent, but I know absolutely nothing about jewelry history.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/27/2009 5:44:46 PM
Author: cellentani
cushioncutnut - the earrings look lovely, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they'll be even better IRL! But you know, even if the sapphires aren't as nice as you'd hope, they're small enough and set so that you could easily switch them out for nicer ones. Also, did they really have leverbacks in the 1950's? I thought those were more recent, but I know absolutely nothing about jewelry history.

I wondered that about the leverbacks too....so I will have to investigate..... but I do believe that the floral part of the earrings are vintage. You have read my mind...........I do have a pair of sapphires that would look perfect in these settings if I find that I don't like the current sapphires. The seller said they are from her personal collection and they are kashmir blue........... keeping my fingers crossed!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
they look gorgeous, what a beautiful setting.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks SDL.... from one true sapphire lover to another! Oh... I meant to comment.... I love your avatar! You are such a pretty lady!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/27/2009 5:56:23 PM
Author: D&T
they look gorgeous, what a beautiful setting.

Thank you! I will be sure to post lots of pics........

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait until you get these! They''re gorgeous!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m excited for you!! They look lovely, so can''t wait till you get them. Good luck!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
CC, those are gorgeous
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
How lucky for you to find them. I can''t wait to see pictures.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous earrings. Looks like a great find.

Looking forward to ear photos!
3.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Oh how exciting! Vintage pieces are so special. Can't wait to hear what you think of them in person.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those look so pretty. A good question about the leverbacks: I thought the vintages ones are different?

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/27/2009 9:45:12 PM
Author: Chrono
Those look so pretty. A good question about the leverbacks: I thought the vintages ones are different?

thanks so much everyone! I am really hoping that the sellers pictures don''t do these justice. She said they have been in her personal collection along time and that she bought them for a pretty penny. She said the diamonds are G-H and VS clarity...and that the sapphires are not dark and inky like you see so often...but more on the gorgeous kashmir blue color. I looked in my old Sotherby''s catalogs and it is not inconceivable that the leverbacks were not around in the 50''s. I do believe them to be vintage.........but I will only know once I get them an inspect them in person. Even if the leverbacks are not vintage and the earrings were originally post style earrings............that really won''t matter to me because I love leverbacks.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw a pair of vintage post earrings on Erica''s website that were modified to dangle so it''s entirely plausible that they are real vintage earrings. In any case, they are still pretty.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty - I hope they turn out to exceed your expectations.
9.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Those look STUNNING
30.gif
30.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look very cool and I love that they are leverback. Can''t wait to read what you think of them IRL.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
3.gif
Thanks everyone for your well wishes.........I will definately take lots of pics...that is if they are worth taking lots of pics of!!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
They look gorgeous, they''ll be so beautiful for the summer. Can''t wait to see how they are IRL.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
I think that they are loverly :)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope the sapphire swap is doable.
1.gif
The setting looks lovely and makes a presence when worn.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GREAT. I think they are very cool looking earrings and that they look great on you.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks again everyone! I like how they look a little "deco" style. Inside the leaves are a shiny "inner leaf" that acts as a mirror around the sapphires. Really pretty how the sapphires reflect there color inside! Just love all those little details!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results