shape
carat
color
clarity

Vintage ring. What would be a fair price/offer? Pics...

smokey99

Shiny_Rock
I wanted to find out from some of you more familiar with vinatge rings what you would consider a fair retail price for this ring/stone combo. Its one I am looking at but I think it may be priced a bit high. Its a platinum setting with an EGL cert K SI2 cushion cut stone
appx 1.3ct although it faces up pretty large at 6.85 x 6.40
From the pics the stone looks pretty good overall and Im assured its eyeclean. What Im concerned about is whether ot not the price should be negotiated down from where its at (seller is asking about $5700). Im not posting links to avoid any 'snatching'... ;-)

When I look at the current prices on this site for cushion cuts in the 1-1.49ct range prices avg at $1883 per carat ($2448 for 1.3cts)
and even when upping to J SI2 in a range from 1.5-1.99ct its still an avg of $2721 ($3537 for 1.3 cts).

What price should be a reasonable amount to expect to pay assuming I like the stone when seen in person? Does the spread size for the ct weight set off any flags? I know cushions will have a little larger spread, but does this seem in a good enough range where it wouldnt be too shallow?

Thanks!

Pics-

RingPic8_K_SI2.jpg

RingPic7_K_SI2.jpg

RingPic6_K_SI2.jpg

RingPic5_K_SI2.jpg

RingPic3_K_SI2.jpg

RingPic2_K_SI2.jpg

RingPic9_K_SI2.jpg

RingPic1_K_SI2.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's high retail IMO for an SI2. But it has papers. If you are asking what *I* would pay for it if I were you...

Do you love the setting... or are you just buying the stone?

smokey99

Shiny_Rock
Gypsy|1317319568|3028857 said:
It's high retail IMO for an SI2. But it has papers. If you are asking what *I* would pay for it if I were you...

Do you love the setting... or are you just buying the stone?

I 'like' the setting (not my first choice, but I think its very pretty nonetheless) and it would stay in the setting unless I purchased just the stone- which I would have to inquire about the possibility and price of. I'd prefer to have a pave setting like the Vatche Fifth Ave or Corsica to be honest. But not sure how they would look with a stone of a K color...

Corsica:
Vatche1005Corsica.jpg

Fifth Ave:
Vatche1003FifthAvenue3.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would offer aout 70% of retail for a pre-owned ring.

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
I'm no expert, but looking at the pictures of the ring you posted, the stone really almost looks like a round. The last picture is the clearest. The prongs make it look more like a cushion but the stone itself looks almost round. It's definitely more round than cushions I'm used to seeing.

smokey99

Shiny_Rock
sonnyjane|1317322991|3028914 said:
I'm no expert, but looking at the pictures of the ring you posted, the stone really almost looks like a round. The last picture is the clearest. The prongs make it look more like a cushion but the stone itself looks almost round. It's definitely more round than cushions I'm used to seeing.

I was just told that the Lab recorded it as a transitional... I thought it looked more like the faceting of a cushion but with a bit more rounded shape...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
sonnyjane|1317322991|3028914 said:

Yeah, I thought roval myself. So cushiony.

I wouldn't pay more than 3200 I'm thinking. But I'm cheap unless something is exactly what I want. And even then... frugal.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results