shape
carat
color
clarity

Vintage pin

Jerrylee

Rough_Rock
100_1520.JPG 100_1521.JPG 100_1525.JPG I've spent quite a bit of time trying to find a piece like this with no luck. If anyone could give me any info I'd really appreciate it. Approx. age, value

Nitedula

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Does it have any hallmarks? Maybe some tiny numbers? If so, those could at least help you narrow down whether it's gold or merely golden. Look around the hinge and clasp of the pin – that sort of area is often where marks are placed.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To me it looks like it might be “Black Hills” Gold jewellery. They specialize in multiple tone gold work and use “leaves” in their work. The design seems to be oak leaves and acorns. If you were really keen, you could have a jeweller replicate it for you.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To me it looks like it might be “Black Hills” Gold jewellery. They specialize in multiple tone gold work and use “leaves” in their work. The design seems to be oak leaves and acorns. If you were really keen, you could have a jeweller replicate it for you.

That occurred to me too. I believe “black hills” pieces usually use three colors of gold as appears to be the case in this piece - green (acorn caps), yellow (twig), and pink (acorns).
However, vintage black hills gold jewelry that I’ve seen was both more delicate and more detailed than this piece appears to be. There was usually a combination of matte, engraved, and highly polished finishes, and generally more flourished than I see in these pictures, so I’m wondering whether this might be a less expensive reproduction. I don’t know whether BHG was at some point popular enough to spawn reproductions, but I think it might have been, maybe in the early 60’s? Also, BHG is (or was) more an appellation than a manufacturer, so there may have been any number of benches making the jewelry.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Black Hills Gold motif is grapes and grape leaves.
This brooch looks like it has acorns.
Are there any marks?

Jerrylee

Rough_Rock
Can find no marks of any kind. It is gold for sure but not like any BHG that I have ever seen and from design and clasp I was thinking it was from the 18 hundreds or earlier.
Thanks to every one for your thoughts.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results