shape
carat
color
clarity

Vintage piece of jewelry? Please help!

Ashmunk89

Rough_Rock
Hi,
This was my great grandmothers. What type of piece of jewelery is this? Or is it a button? It's the size of a quarter, has a pearl center piece, with Diamond stones around it. Please help!

20160307_190304.jpg

20160307_190519.jpg

Heidi_Shireeodiz

Rough_Rock
Hey! It looks like a button or a fancy piece of artwork that can be worn as decorative add-up on gown or suit. The halo around the pearl doesn't have shine and :???: I doubt if it it's really a stone setting.

weddingbands1

Rough_Rock
"Hi,
It looks like a button with a Pearl in the center and diamonds around it. But I can’t tell you exactly it may be tops earrings too. Whatever! It looks gorgeous in any sense.
"
:appl:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder if this might the top of a button detatchable button, one that's designed to come apart for cleaning? It looks like it has some sort of attachment mechanism. A lot of fancy buttons can't survive dry cleaning - something I learned the hard way. :lol: I've had a couple of outfits for which I switched out the original buttons with much fancier ones to dress up the outfit. The first time I sent one of these suits to the dry cleaners, only one or two buttons survived the process (as I recall, the dry cleaning solvent dissolved the shanks). I had gotten the buttons on a trip to New York City; fortunately my brother lived there and was willing to go pick ups more buttons for me. I altered another garment with gold and glass buttons that probably not have done well in any tumbler. So for both of these outfits, I removed all the buttons and then re-attached them when I got them back from the dry cleaners. I'm thinking that maybe there was a time when fancy buttons could be more easily removed for cleaning, then re-attached later.

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Guess What: Dispersion and Fire Aren't the Same Thing
    Men In Pearls
    Men In Pearls
    Celebrating The Life Of Elsa Peretti
    Celebrating The Life Of Elsa Peretti

Need expert help finding that diamonds?

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.