• She’s a monster put her out of her misery

Votes: 39 62.9%
  • She’s an angel leave her alone!

Votes: 23 37.1%

• Total voters

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I purchased this ring for parts but after getting her it’s become an interesting debate. Is this hideous and or perf as is? The pears are about half car each and has 10 3mm rounds to work with
04BF3980-05F8-4441-9FEB-1BB034D787E6.jpeg 331B37E5-11DD-43CB-A724-FFDA166B95FF.jpeg 9AA71AC8-8917-4D58-A901-B2ECF9DBDDAB.jpeg 8219DB24-24CC-4180-8400-353F07E23976.jpeg

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It does look like an alien :lol:

I like the ring. It’s very neat.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The milgrain looks very fine - I bet it was an expensive commission when made.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it’s quite beautiful in an unusual sort of way and it looks great on your lovely hand. BUT, I know what you can do with stones and design so I can imagine what a fabulous piece/pieces you’d put together with the stones! Yummy! Can’t wait to see what you do!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it’s quite beautiful in an unusual sort of way and it looks great on your lovely hand. BUT, I know what you can do with stones and design so I can imagine what a fabulous piece/pieces you’d put together with the stones! Yummy! Can’t wait to see what you do!
It would be something like one of these. The one with the ns larger stones I’d use the pears 86C5D71E-8B48-4096-8713-9DB0A4EEB52C.jpeg D8A33D44-0E26-45F6-B7D3-30ADA9DA45DD.jpeg 3EBF11B5-4060-4C05-A0CA-28766E5DF891.jpeg

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Heavily panting at your inspiration / intentions.
Seriously jelly=)
For what center, if you’ll indulge?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Heavily panting at your inspiration / intentions.
Seriously jelly=)
For what center, if you’ll indulge?
I’d prefer a pad, ruby, or pink spinel as I want it classic and my blue and yellow sapphires are already the perfect versions of what they are

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have a second contender you passed on? Lol.
I’m working on basically the same project you are (again, weird) and just purchased something not totally sold on.
But yeah- as said before it looks like really nice workmanship on a design that reminds me of either poker or those old trippy sun/moon faces.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have a second contender you passed on? Lol.
I’m working on basically the same project you are (again, weird) and just purchased something not totally sold on.
But yeah- as said before it looks like really nice workmanship on a design that reminds me of either poker or those old trippy sun/moon faces.
Lol sadly no

Reactions: AV_

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't unsee that alien now :geek:

I say use the diamonds and make something spectacular....that doesn't look like an alien!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I would be loath to destroy the panel with the pears.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see eyes.
That’s all I see.
Eyes.
:geek:

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
Since the title mentioned 'alien', that's all I saw. It's gorgeous though. I like unique pieces.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see eyes.
That’s all I see.
Eyes.
:geek:

I said exactly the same thing, the ring with the slightly creepy eyes and mouth.... but it's still beautiful in a weird kind of way.

AmethystHope

Rough_Rock
I see an owl - which I love. You are a jewelry wizard, it'll be amazing whatever you decide.
=)2

owl.JPG

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it would make a nice pendant with the crescent at either the top or the bottom and the diamonds on the side used to bling up the bail... but as a ring... not my style. But what gorgeous diamonds!

Seriously, HOW do you find these things? Tell me your secrets.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautifully made.
But I cannot unsee the eyes. I would be tempted to use the stones as it might not get enough wear as is.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah it looks like an alien but those diamonds and craftsmanship is amazing. I think you could rock it as is @Niel but only if you love it. If not then yeah take it apart and reuse those gorgeous stones but it does sort of make me sad to rip the ring apart. But whatever way it's going to bring you the most pleasure is what you should do. It's your ring now to do with as you please.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, I think this is just lovely!
But... I also know whatever you do with it will be just bloody lovely too!

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Not sure if I like it or not. But the moon bit looks like it may be a later addition anyway?

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Redo.

Well made but bad design. It’s all wrong in so many ways. Take the great stones and use your obvious skills for a well - designed ring.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Niel -

It's a slit-eyed alien who wears his brains on the outside of his cranium. Change immediately.

Lots of nice diamonds in it, tho, and the pieces in your inspiration photos are beautiful. I know your love of size, tho - so what size center are you after? Do you have a rough idea? Personally, I see you with something pink in the center - either way, this ring will be amazing and great fun to watch develop! :))

Last edited:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure if I like it or not. But the moon bit looks like it may be a later addition anyway?
No, based on the design of the gallery I don’t believe it’s a late addition. I do believe it was manufactured in parts. But the actual ring was done all at once.
and yes. I can’t decide either

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Niel -

It's a slit-eyed alien who wears his brains on the outside of his cranium. Change immediately.

Lots of nice diamonds in it, tho, and the pieces in your inspiration photos are beautiful. I know your love of size, tho - so what size center are you after? Do you have a rough idea? Personally, I see you with something pink in the center - either way, this ring will be amazing and great fun to watch develop! :))
Yes my blue sapphire is perfect and so is my yellow. So if I change it I want pad or a ruby

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah it looks like an alien but those diamonds and craftsmanship is amazing. I think you could rock it as is @Niel but only if you love it. If not then yeah take it apart and reuse those gorgeous stones but it does sort of make me sad to rip the ring apart. But whatever way it's going to bring you the most pleasure is what you should do. It's your ring now to do with as you please.
I’m currently wearing it as is. It’s a beast. I can rock anything (haha) but which would I prefer long term

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it would make a nice pendant with the crescent at either the top or the bottom and the diamonds on the side used to bling up the bail... but as a ring... not my style. But what gorgeous diamonds!

Seriously, HOW do you find these things? Tell me your secrets.
I would just never wear this as a pendant. (Besides a classic studs ) I only want rings idk why

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would be loath to destroy the panel with the pears.
A lot of people told me not to destroy my watch to get my movals out too - which was a difficult decision for me. It had similar if not a better craftsmanship than this. But in the end it was more than worth it.
plus I think the pears would benefit from not being in a bezel.

Reactions: AV_

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I said exactly the same thing, the ring with the slightly creepy eyes and mouth.... but it's still beautiful in a weird kind of way.
I had the exact same though as you and @yssie when I bought this (as I told you)
When it was coming I was telling everyone she was going to be the ugliest thing I ever bought - which might still be true - but still.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Your classic rings are very obvious choices over the pieces you are taking apart. This ring is hodge podge as it is...

I remain with an itch for a certain kind of ring with two pears (dis-)connected by something quite small; irrelevant.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results