shape
carat
color
clarity

Vintage Opal Earrings

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I recently received these vintage opal earrings and was wondering if anyone recognized this mark?

IMG_9980.jpg

DSC_4249[1].jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Can you get a clearer shot? Hard to see. Have you looked at the database from Lang online as a start? It can be helpful

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you get a clearer shot? Hard to see. Have you looked at the database from Lang online as a start? It can be helpful

Sorry, the top one is a clear as I can get. The marks are not great to begin with. I have looked at Lang but didn't see anything close.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I had a quick look at a couple of my books here and I didn't see anything that looked close either.

I can't make out exactly what it is supposed to be!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both the earrings and the makers mark strike me as having art nouveau influences. I wasn’t able to find an online listing of makers marks specific to the art nouveau period. This resource looked like it might be promising though:

the website focuses on costume jewelry, but I’m guessing that the “costume” versus “fine” jewelry may have been more fluid one hundred (plus) years ago than it is today.

there are also several books available on art nouveau jewelry - perhaps you can find one online or in a local library?

Last edited:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a quick look at a couple of my books here and I didn't see anything that looked close either.

I can't make out exactly what it is supposed to be!

Me either! The mark on the other earring is even worse, lol.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both the earrings and the makers mark strike me as having art nouveau influences. I wasn’t able to find an online listing of makers marks specific to the art nouveau period. This resource looked like it might be promising though:

the website focuses on costume jewelry, but I’m guessing that the “costume” versus “fine” jewelry may have been more fluid one hundred (plus) years ago than it is today.

there are also several books available on art nouveau jewelry - perhaps you can find one online or in a local library?

Thank you! I will look for some references for that period.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results