shape
carat
color
clarity

Vintage Omega plus Conversion

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
So I’ve been meaning to post about this for two months.

This Christmas I was lucky enough to take the family to NYC. I’ve been dying to go back pretty much exclusively because I found so many incredible vintage jewellery vendors who happened to be located in the city and old cuts and estate pieces are impossible to come by in Dubai and extortionately priced in the U.K.

I had my heart set on finding a platinum and diamond dress watch and had seen lots on line that I liked the look of. However, what I ended up buying was actually totally different in style and period than I had been looking at before. I was looking at art deco ish Lady Hamilton, Elgin etc in the relatively affordable price range and at sensible vendors in non-fancy premises.

What I fell in love with was a vintage Omega in a shop right off Rockerfella plaza (which incidentally had a drinks bar / cupboard so patrons who buy something can grab a stiff whiskey to take the edge off the credit card bill which I thought was awesome!).

Given the location I’m pretty sure I overpaid massively but I have a real soft spot for omegas and I just could not resist it.

The bracelet was too big so they agreed to take out two links. I could t bear to let those gorgeous little links languish at the bottom of a box somewhere so when I got home I had them made into matching earrings.

So without further ado….

IMG_2242.jpeg
IMG_2240.jpeg IMG_2651.jpeg IMG_2649.jpeg IMG_2644.jpeg IMG_2634.jpeg

The necklace is one I had purchased last year but I hated the quality of the pearl and the little pave bars in the chain kept flipping which drove me mad. So I swapped out the pearl for a nicer one and added diamonds. I like it much better now.

Before:
325E89BF-D770-4A04-9996-805457DC9B0D.jpeg
0DC2683A-F821-4038-A5DE-4BCC25DE58A7.jpeg

After:
IMG_2640.jpeg
IMG_2635.jpeg

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is an inspired choice for a vintage watch! I love that the entire set can be worn together! Well done!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful watch! And such a nice set to have. Converting the extra links into earrings was a stroke of genius. I doubt I would have thought of that....

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Oh-I missed this-all lovely pieces @Ionysis !

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results