shape
carat
color
clarity

Vintage/Modern Mashup?

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
This ring came up in my Pinterest feed, and it looks to me like they rescued a vintage/antique ring that might have had a painfully thin or broken band, as so many do, and just slapped it into this new ring. Seems slightly sloppy, but what do you all think of the concept? Good? Bad? Would you wear it, or make something like it for yourself?
1714228490756.png
1714228751021.png

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would’ve preferred if they kept the spirit of the original and simply rebuilt the shank. The modern lines of the yellow gold parts are completely jarring with the art deco and there’s no natural flow to the look.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, it reminds me of two body parts, one of which is the eye. :cool2:

Aesthetically, it's a little like a roll-bar -- more functional than flattering. But it could still look cool on the finger and it's not an automatic "no" from me!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope, just don't like it, lol.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, it reminds me of two body parts, one of which is the eye. :cool2:

Aesthetically, it's a little like a roll-bar -- more functional than flattering. But it could still look cool on the finger and it's not an automatic "no" from me!

I was coming to say the same thing… but not an eye! I don’t happen to consider that a bad thing lol. I’m this case the mix just doesn’t work.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
This ring came up in my Pinterest feed, and it looks to me like they rescued a vintage/antique ring that might have had a painfully thin or broken band, as so many do, and just slapped it into this new ring. Seems slightly sloppy, but what do you all think of the concept? Good? Bad? Would you wear it, or make something like it for yourself?
1714228490756.png
1714228751021.png

i like the idea -but as a modern ring, not reusing an older styled ring
or maybe the setting is just too chunky

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results