shape
carat
color
clarity

Vintage Gold Jewlery made new?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TripleG

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi,
I have a question on vintage jewlery. I recently got my ER, Platinum RB and love it. I had two rings I used to wear on my right hand that were from my dad. One was his wedding band (thin but wide gold band with designs on it) and a rosy colored gold ring with a center Ruby and two diamonds next to it (that was my grandmothers who gave it to my dad). Anyways, the two colors do not work with my ER, so I have stopped wearing them but for sentimental reasons really want to do something with it. I have a few questions. 1) What do you do? 2) Can you take the yellow and Rosy Gold and have it turned in to a different type of RHR and have it made in to white gold? or get it plated with something else? and if not should I just take the Ruby and Diamonds and use some of the gold but make some type of RHR that is two tone?

I can post pics if that helps anyone, I''m just not sure if changing the ring is the right thing to do, but I figuer since I cant wear it now maybe its an opportunity to make something fresh that will work.

Thanks!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I think if you have a sentimental attachment to the rings, you should not tear them up and try to make them into something different. If it were me, I would keep them as they are and wear them on my right hand.

I think rose gold goes beautifully with white gold/platinum, myself, and you could even wear that ring on the same hand.

And yellow gold is sure to come back into fashion. When it does, don''t you think you might you wish you''d kept your dad''s ring as it was?

Just my thoughts. But I''m very sentimental.

TripleG

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi,
Good Points, The rings are a little large, very thick bands, but I think i can always just put them on a necklace instead of taking away from the sentimental value of them.

Thanks for the insights :)

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I think it would be very sweet--and stylish--to wear them on a chain around your neck. Or a black silk or leather cord (make sure it has a secure clasp).

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/10/2009 2:48:20 PM
Author: glitterata
I think if you have a sentimental attachment to the rings, you should not tear them up and try to make them into something different. If it were me, I would keep them as they are and wear them on my right hand.

I think rose gold goes beautifully with white gold/platinum, myself, and you could even wear that ring on the same hand.

And yellow gold is sure to come back into fashion. When it does, don''t you think you might you wish you''d kept your dad''s ring as it was?

Just my thoughts. But I''m very sentimental.
I second everything that Glitterata has said!Dont tear apart heirloom jewelry!In most cases people regret it.Wearing a wed ring on a chain or leather cord is very cool and in style...Im also sentimental and like to keep heirloom jewelry in the original style.Jewelry dosnt have to match perfectly to work well together!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results