shape
carat
color
clarity

Vintage fans what is your favorite style??? ................

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vintagebling

Shiny_Rock
There are so many to choose from. I began as an art nouveau fan, my whole wedding was inspired from that period! But now I lean from Deco to Edwardian.

Here is a fantastic site I found while looking jewelry up online:
Vintage Information

So what is your favorite? Edwardian, Georgian, Art Nouveau, Victorian, or others not listed? Please post pictures of your most inspiring and favorite designs and why they are beautiful to you....

Living in the south I see a lot of women who sport older jewelry that has been passed down in families. I saw an old european cut (a cushion possibly) that was so beautiful. It had metal work around it that meshed well and served to enhance the stone, not take away from it. I think in real life these stones are more amazing than online! but here is a picture that is similar to the interaction I saw in her ring between the stone and the metal:

10574_large.jpg

vintagebling

Shiny_Rock
Interesting to note: there are no diamonds on the setting, it is purely metal that has been pierced and engraved!

10573_large.jpg

vintagebling

Shiny_Rock
O.k. I typed too fast, there are 6 small accent diamonds!
31.gif

10579_large.jpg

vintagebling

Shiny_Rock
Diamodseeker,
My goodness! Their work is amazing! I just love superlative craftsmanship! Its so hard to find nowadays!

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My all time favorite (no clue what time period this is - still learning about this stuff!), which I will copy for my new 2.09 carat OMC!

My favorite inspiration sites are Israel Rose, Estate Diamond Jewelry and Doyle & Doyle.

The Van Craynest pieces are amazing! Wow, I hadn''t looked at those before!

EDring_2.00ct_4457.jpg

vintagebling

Shiny_Rock
ericad,

That is a gorgeous ring, your stone will look amazing!! I''m going to check out those sites you mentioned. Your ring looks Edwardian to me? I think white on white is a theme from the Edwardian period.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, very gorgeous, Erica!!! I need an OMC one of these days!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results