shape
carat
color
clarity

Vintage diamond colors

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
yummy! The lighting is not the best to show the color.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cool pic!!

Matilda

Shiny_Rock
Honestly maybe its the photo/lighting but I can't see any difference from d until k .... o_O I like them all though!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love them all!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That M is a stunner! It's like a pool of golden light.

Great photo, @cflutist - thanks for sharing!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also cannot see much difference until K but what a great array of rings! :lickout:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Color was obvious to me at N.

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
L is where I started to see tint.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Nothing more to say about diamonds, @cflutist !

_

I almost wrote that at most there could be a couple more candy canes - to Z & beyond to carry other colours. However, this range is special - with some approximation, it represents well enough the usual light 'temperature' does it not - exactly as much 'colour' as it can be entirely obliterated by brilliance - @diagem tells this story somewhere.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Nice pic
!!

I will agree that although they are beautiful in lower colors.....you really need a lot of body color for an OMB to look yellow from the top.
If a cushion modified brilliant and a super well cut OMB are both Y-Z through the pavilion- the cmb will look FAR more yellow through the top.....

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The lighting is hiding the body color, in diffused flatter lighting the color difference would be more obvious.

So true Stormy!!!
I can take pics of a W-X stone cut by Yoram in two different lighting scenarios, and have it look completely different!
Also- due to the mechanics of light, and how the light travels through the diamond ( which you can explain better than me) putting yellow gold under a well cut OMB won't have nearly the same effect as it will on a CMB.....

Looking again at the photo- undeniably a cool shot- but not shot in a manner conducive to effectively communicating the body colors of the diamonds. It's more of a glammer shot- and a nice one at that!!

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the chunky look of OEC's. From the top view I prefer I+ color.

Great pic, thanks for sharing! :clap:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
you really need a lot of body color for an OMB to look yellow from the top

It is quite diffcult to put into words an impression of transparent colour, even without the play of light.... This is the same problem of taking paint from a tube, to pain impressions of Light; I'll go for Oscar-Claude's.

(disclosure: I used to live next to the Bauhaus museum)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are all so beautiful!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results