shape
carat
color
clarity

Vintage cushion cut ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

faye

Rough_Rock
I've heard that oldminer knows about this stuff, but anyone else's input is VERY welcome!

I have found a cusion cut diamond online at a very low price, but was advised recently that it is too shallow and will produce a "window effect." I feel dumb admitting this, but I don't really know what that means. My hunch is that it means you would be able to see through the diamond. Can someone please explain this to me? I know that diamond depth should be between 55-65%.

Also, if I could get another opinion on this potential purchase I would really appreciate it. Here are the specifics:

.95 carat jubilee cushion cut, 6.58x5.78x3.06mm, depth 52.9%, table 60%, crown 16.8%, pavilion 33.9%, girdle ex.thin to sl. thick semifaceted, good polish, fair symmetry, clarity I1, color G, no flourescence. Appraised at $5,130 five months ago by the EGL. Seller wants around half of that.

Thanks a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results