shape
carat
color
clarity

Vintage Cartier: Oval with halo

mimi72

Shiny_Rock
Hi all. I have become addicted to this forum, it's so fun to see what new is added every day!

For fun I thought I'd share a vintage Cartier ring I bought several years ago. I believe it's genuine but I guess have no way of knowing for sure. The hallmark is slightly worn and in the all caps Cartier logo you see in some of their vintage pieces. The inflated appraisal it came with says the center oval is 1.35 cts, G color but I think it's more like an I because the center can look yellow next to the whiter halo diamonds. The bowtie if pretty noticeable. The surrounding diamonds are about 0.08 cts each, 0.95 total. The ring sparkles beautifully in the right lighting.

My EC e-ring is being re-set right now so I've been wearing this one more. These photos aren't the best (I think I need more light), but this is practice for when I get my new ring back. The hand shot shows it as a RHR, size 6 on a 5.5 finger. Platinum with a knife edge shank. Thanks for looking!

Cartier 1.jpg

Cartier 2.jpg

Cartier 3.jpg

Cartier 4.jpg

mimi72

Shiny_Rock

Cartier 5.jpg

Cartier 6.jpg

Cartier 7.jpg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is stunning! I wish I had a Cartier piece!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh wow! Where did you purchase from?? It's lovely :)

mimi72

Shiny_Rock
Purchased from an eBay seller. Don't remember who, but they had good reviews at the time. This was about 5 years ago.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous ring!! And Cartier to boot!

Boogins

Rough_Rock
Beautiful ring!! Mimi, not to threadjack, but how is the reset of your EC going? I can't wait to see the outcome!

D

Deactivated member 42515

What a beauty!

mimi72

Shiny_Rock
Boogins, thanks for asking about my reset. It's with Leon still. I don't expect it until late March at the earliest, more likely early April. I'm super nervous about this setting! I keep going back to the layout of the stones and trying to visualize what it will look like, but it's hard.

For those who haven't seen my other neurotic threads, I have an emerald cut being set with calibrated french cut sides (a la Lovestreet, Wintotty, LGK et al except their keystones were cushions / RB). I have put my trust in Leon, he said he's done this pairing "so many times" and it looks great. I just find it odd that I cannot find one single example of anything remotely similar anywhere on the web (much less PS). Well, I guess one of my major criteria was a unique setting! :mrgreen: He didn't have any pics of similar prior work he could send me, said any examples he could show were on his website. Anyway, I am hopeful, optimistic and paid in full so fingers crossed! :-o

starrynight

Shiny_Rock
That ring is so lovely. I love ovals...so unique and pretty with that setting!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! That's a beauty!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow! :love: It's so beautiful and blingy! I love it!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lucky you to have found a beautiful Cartier! :love:

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
I am watching for the reset and I think its going to be lovely! I am partial to your side stones anyways. I totally understand the mental aspect...
I think a lot of us (me especially) get that way. Its a BIG deal and you don't want to be disappointed. From what I have heard about LM, he doesn't disappoint when it comes to his work :wink2:

Til then, keep posting bling. It is helping me pass the time too!

mimi72

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, everyone for all your nice comments!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
well I love it!!! also- can't wait to see your reset :)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I love your ring--and looks huge for the ctw!

Have you ever thought of trying to authenticate the ring?

cheers--Sharon

mimi72

Shiny_Rock
Sharon - how would I authenticate it? Just take it to a Cartier shop or is there a more formal process where I have to send it in to them? It would be nice to know for sure.

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful vintage piece!!! :love:

Cachette :))

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous oval! :love: :love:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mimi72|1331122516|3142766 said:
Sharon - how would I authenticate it? Just take it to a Cartier shop or is there a more formal process where I have to send it in to them? It would be nice to know for sure.

HI MM:

That is a good question! I might begin my emailing the office in NYC (head office?) and ask what the policy and process is. And cost! Likely they have a department who does this within Cartier--archives, etc--as most major jewellery companies do.

Might be worth an email! (btw, I have emailed Cartier about other matters and found them quite responsive). Good luck!

cheers--Sharon

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
canuk-gal said:
mimi72|1331122516|3142766 said:

HI MM:

That is a good question! I might begin my emailing the office in NYC (head office?) and ask what the policy and process is. And cost! Likely they have a department who does this within Cartier--archives, etc--as most major jewellery companies do.

Might be worth an email! (btw, I have emailed Cartier about other matters and found them quite responsive). Good luck!

cheers--Sharon

Exactly what I would do.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results