shape
carat
color
clarity

Viewing Diamond???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rook

Shiny_Rock
When I go out to local jewelers and view diamonds, they never readily have crown height and pavilion depth percentages. They usually will get that info if they think you are serious about the diamond. I am getting somewhat familiar with looking at diamonds so as to determine if a crown is too shallow or a pavilion too deep, but I was wondering if there is a better way.

Is it possible, using a caliper or some other tool, to measure the exact crown height and pavilion depth when you go looking at diamonds?

If so, where would you get such a device?

thanks

Rook

Rook

Shiny_Rock
Any ideas!!

Also, I have been looking over GIA's website at there training programs. What would be the major difference in the G.G. diploma and a graduate diamonds diploma??? If I was really only interested in diamonds would the gd be better. Also what if someone would like to become an actual diamond cutter! What route would you take to get there?

I enjoy this site very much and learn an incrediable amount of information here and on member sites. I have become somewhat addicted to diamonds and diamond information.

I am just finishing a JD and I am already looking into other things.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results