shape
carat
color
clarity

[Video side by side] Which of these two has most fire?

Tweedi

Rough_Rock
Hi All

I was wondering if you think one of these two stones has more fire than the other? They are both H&A cushion of similar size and am wondering if, for your expert eyes, one is obviously more appealing than the other?

I know Auguste vintage have more fire with larger facets but I wanted an H&A.

The one on the right seems to flash more to me but I'm not sure my non-expert eye is able to give this a fair comparison.

Alternatively, if you think they are both of similar cut quality that also helps me.

Video:
(you can select HD for the quality to see more details)

Left stone:
left aset.JPG

Right stone:
right aset.JPG

Left:
left.JPG

Right:
right.JPG

Looking forward to reading your opinions.
Thanks!

Attachments

• left face up.JPG
    left face up.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 14
  • right face up.JPG
    right face up.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi,
You're asking two different questions- one question is which stone has more fire.
In that case, these sorts of stones are not known for maximum fire events. In general- you want larger facets to produce fire.
You also asked which stone is more appealing- which is a question of taste for sure.....

Best of luck!!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
While David is right im going to answer the fire question.
6 of one, a half dozen of the other.
They were cut by the same cutter using the same recipe and process.
If they are close to the same size and color with no visible inclusions, mounted side by side you would call them twins.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am hard pressed to identify any visible differences. I think I am more initially attracted to the aesthetics of the right option, but I had to try really hard to identify a favorite.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The one on the right seems to be more fiery to my eyes as well.

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
The one on the right has more going on under the table than the one on the left. Just my observation. Therefore, over all it has better scintillation.

emmy12

Brilliant_Rock
Both look pretty stinking close..... If I had to pick one, I very slightly, just a smidge, think that maybe (kinda, sorta) might prefer the right one.... Maybe? :lol:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I know you aren't asking about color, but the one on the left looks noticeably cooler and the one on the right looks warmer to me. But that may not be the diamonds themselves, but the lightning in the room, etc. I'd select the higher-colored one.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results