shape
carat
color
clarity

Video of a few large pear settings!

HockeyChick

Rough_Rock
Having a tough time deciding on a setting for my pear e-ring and an even harder time actually finding pears in any sort of setting in person. Then earlier this week I came across a shop that had several large pears in stock and in settings I was considering so I was very excited to see them all side by side.

The rings are:
1) 4.0 carat J SI1 pear halo
2) 3.05 carat I SI2 pear with trillions on the side
3) 5.01 carat G SI2 pear with pears on the side

Perhaps this will be helpful to someone else out there looking at pear settings :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPLnLciQf2c

I dig the pear with trillions but I'd want something a little snazzier than the basket setting. Definitely will go custom but I'm struggling to find the right concept....

2015-11-16_17.jpg

2015-11-16_0.jpg

2015-11-16_1.jpg

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
No. 3

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the pear halo setting.

Q

Queenie60

I like the third. The halo setting is nice however I see the bowtie immediately. Bowtie caught my eye. Good luck - beautiful rings. :wavey:

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
I like #1 and #3. I think the trillions on #2 overshadow the center stone, which I would want to be the focus of my ring. But everyone's taste is different!

I see you're considering custom and seem to want a statement ring based on your choices here. ;)) Have you considered a pear + side stones with halos around all three stones? I also think a pear w/ baguette sides is really pretty:

pear_three_stone_halo.png

pear_bags.png

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
And you could always look into vintage rings, if you're into antique/intricate details. This was listed with JBEG and it's already sold, but I think it's a lovely example.

jbeg_antique_pear.png

jbegdbl.png

HockeyChick

Rough_Rock
I'm definitely into intricate stuff, but I tend to lean towards the least amount of metal as possible.

I agree that the ring with the trillions...the proportions are wrong for the center stone to the trillions. They definitely overwhelm the center stone.

There's this other setting that's retro that I found, picture below, that I also kind of love since it has lots of sparkle to look at...but not a ton of metal showing. Definitely would be a unique ring but probably a tad uncomfortable because of the wide band!

2015-11-16_18.jpg

alamana

Shiny_Rock
It's great that you have found some to try on.

The important thing with setting a pear, in my opinion anyway, is that you make sure the setting calls attention to the lovely fancy shape, as opposed to distracting the eye from it. I think those trillions are too much competition for the pear there -- they overwhelm rather than enhance the pear shape. For that reason I prefer baguettes as side stones with pears. I really like both rings blingbunny10 posted -- the sidetones/design on both of them really emphasize the center stone's elegant shape rather than distract from it. I think one of the reasons halos are so popular with pears is because they do tend to provide nice definition to the shape.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love a pear with baguettes as side stone. Very elegant and never goes out of style. For some reason I find the trillions really take away from the center stone. Take my opinion with a grain of salt. I have a pear with baquette side stones.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
2nd picture down, with the big eternity. The bottom halo is gorgeous too. I also like it with the taped baguettes.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
pear with pear sides... yummy...lines flow better...

that antique setting- OMG the detail and milgrain!!!!!!!

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow check out the details on this beauty!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous rings! I love the smaller pears setting or the one with baguettes that was posted. Classic! Fun thread! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results