shape
carat
color
clarity

Video Interview with Peter Yantzer, Director of AGS Lab

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Many thanks to Peter Yantzer for his time and insight about AGS cut grading and other questions. Here is the interview: Part I.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
BRAVO
36.gif
36.gif

The more I hear from AGS the more I feel that they get it.
By that I mean that they are applying real science and working hard while keeping in mind what the end result is for, the consumers buying diamonds.

The only part I somewhat disagree with is painting, To my eyes there is a contrast issue in the ones that Iv seen.

The first 2 parts I was sitting here nodding my head saying yep to pretty much everything being said.
I cant wait for more information to be available on the AGS Asschers.
If the contrast patterns and varies looks are taken into account I think its going to rock.

Thank you Leonid, Irina, Garry and Peter for the fun and enjoyable videos!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks Storm

Date: 12/18/2006 4:50:40 PM
Author: strmrdr
I cant wait for more information to be available on the AGS Asschers.
If the contrast patterns and varies looks are taken into account I think its going to rock.

I am afraid their science would not extend to taste issues like that Storm - you will need to wait for Sergey to solve that sort of problem.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Garry Peter Leonid!!

You guys rock!!

Very informative!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you for the wonderful interview. I have always held Mr. Yantzer in the highest esteem due to his frank and open manner.

Last year at the Vegas show he held his first "cut band camp" for members of the trade who came a day early to the show and were treated to not only hours and hours of discussions with one another and deep intensive bursts of information from AGS, but a great bbq dinner. What amazed me then, and continues to amaze me months later, is that they held nothing back. They told us where they were, what they were struggling with, and where they thought the information would take them.

Peter made sure that we had access not only to him, but to various meembers of his team, such as Jim Caudill so that we could have full ability to question those involved with the research and the developement of the equipment used to make that research.

I wonder often if the Pricescope members have any idea how rare it is for a company to be as transparent as AGS Laboratory is. I think it is very rare, not only in our industry, but in any indsutry. Kudos to AGS for being so transparent, and to you for your wonderful interview!

Wink

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yea Wink they are doing a good job keeping the trade informed.
At times Id like more info released to the consumer cut freaks here at PS.

Something that Iv been thinking about and it would be interesting if AGS is working on it and that is virtual facet size vs viewing distance.
For example are larger virtual facet sizes an advantage in the longer viewing distance when mounted in pendants and ear rings.
I think I will start another thread.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results