shape
carat
color
clarity

Victorian harlequin necklace and bracelet

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I've longed for a Victorian harlequin (multi-gemstone) necklace ever since I saw one at a jewelry show a decade or two ago, so when I saw @Paisley2628 had listed a Victorian harlequin bracelet on Loupe Troop, I jumped on it.

Then the amazing Paisley, seeing my excitement, agreed to sell me her Victorian harlequin necklace too! It's exactly like The One That Got Away. I cannot believe my luck, and Paisley's generosity! I love these pieces for understated delicacy of the design and execution. I love them for the sheer nerdy joy of the collection of different gemstones. I love their age--they've survived in remarkable shape for getting on for a century and a half. I love that they go with alllll my Victorian earrings. They are utter multi-gem heaven!

The necklace just arrived, and it's a gloomy, cloudy day, so my photos do it no justice. But I'm too excited to wait for the sun to come out before crowing about my new treasures.

Paisley kindly included an appraisal for the bracelet and a document identifying the stones in the necklace, made by a previous owner--a Graduate Gemologist. I won't go through the stone by stone here, but I can make a new post in the Colored Stones forum if anyone's interested. The stones include zircons, garnets, sapphires, spinels, topaz, and quartz.

IMG_7949.jpeg

IMG_7933.jpeg

IMG_7871 (1).jpeg
IMG_7868.jpeg

IMG_7875.jpeg

The necklace has an extender so it can be worn at two different lengths. Both are comfortable on me, and they re flattering with different necklines. (The bracelet clasp is a modern replacement.)

IMG_7955.jpeg
IMG_7957.jpeg

Here I'm wearing them both with a pair of Edwardian paste earrings and a late Victorian garnet ring.

IMG_7967.jpeg
IMG_7971.jpeg

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
They both look perfect on you, and your smile says it all! How wonderful to have the matching set and fulfill the dreams of a decade.

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
I've longed for a Victorian harlequin (multi-gemstone) necklace ever since I saw one at a jewelry show a decade or two ago, so when I saw @Paisley2628 had listed a Victorian harlequin bracelet on Loupe Troop, I jumped on it.

Then the amazing Paisley, seeing my excitement, agreed to sell me her Victorian harlequin necklace too! It's exactly like The One That Got Away. I cannot believe my luck, and Paisley's generosity! I love these pieces for understated delicacy of the design and execution. I love them for the sheer nerdy joy of the collection of different gemstones. I love their age--they've survived in remarkable shape for getting on for a century and a half. I love that they go with alllll my Victorian earrings. They are utter multi-gem heaven!

The necklace just arrived, and it's a gloomy, cloudy day, so my photos do it no justice. But I'm too excited to wait for the sun to come out before crowing about my new treasures.

Paisley kindly included an appraisal for the bracelet and a document identifying the stones in the necklace, made by a previous owner--a Graduate Gemologist. I won't go through the stone by stone here, but I can make a new post in the Colored Stones forum if anyone's interested. The stones include zircons, garnets, sapphires, spinels, topaz, and quartz.

IMG_7949.jpeg

IMG_7933.jpeg

IMG_7871 (1).jpeg
IMG_7868.jpeg

IMG_7875.jpeg

The necklace has an extender so it can be worn at two different lengths. Both are comfortable on me, and they re flattering with different necklines. (The bracelet clasp is a modern replacement.)

IMG_7955.jpeg
IMG_7957.jpeg

Here I'm wearing them both with a pair of Edwardian paste earrings and a late Victorian garnet ring.

IMG_7967.jpeg
IMG_7971.jpeg

Omg you just look so happy!!! May we all love and experience the joy and gratitude that’s shining through in these picture's!! Enjoy them for many years!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
They are beautiful! You have a whole rock collection on your chain, too.It is so beautiful on you. Love the smile too.

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock

IMG_7949.jpeg

IMG_7933.jpeg

IMG_7871 (1).jpeg
IMG_7868.jpeg

IMG_7875.jpeg

IMG_7955.jpeg
IMG_7957.jpeg

IMG_7967.jpeg
IMG_7971.jpeg

I am so glad the harlequin bracelet and necklace found their new home with you @glitterata !

I feel that it was meant to be - they look beautiful on you.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is such a beautiful set. I can see this being worn with jeans or something more formal. Which gemstone is your favorite in the set? I'm a little jealous.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an awesome set and they look fabulous on you! You can wear them with anything and they will be perfect.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for the compliments, and for enjoying this with me! Most people in my life think I'm a little odd with my jewelry collection (and other collections).
That is such a beautiful set. I can see this being worn with jeans or something more formal. Which gemstone is your favorite in the set? I'm a little jealous.

That's one of the things I love about this set. I wore it to work today and nobody blinked--I work at a big educational nonprofit where most people dress very casually. But I would be equally comfortable wearing it to a black tie event.

I can't decide which stone I like best! I love the way they all look together. The blue sapphire and pinky-orangy-browny zircon at the center of the bracelet are very appealing. And the bright orange hessonite. And I surprised myself by loving the rock crystals (quartz) too--not a stone I usually love. The green zircons are some of my favorite colors. In the necklace, I love the golden zircons, the purple spinels, the "colorless" topaz that's really the faintest possible blue, the rich red garnets... did I leave anybody out? Yeah, I love them all.

I love a set! This looks fabulous on you! And good news...whatever color clothes you're wearing...Likely this set will match!

That is so true! It's so convenient.

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow I love this, it’s something I’ve never seen before. The various colored gems are really awesome collected in one place - so whimsical and happy. Enjoy!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

It isn't difficult to describe: simply beautiful.

cheers--Sharon

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it! And love that you still wear and love Beulah! Haha I still don’t know much about vintage jewelry after 15 years since I sold her to you so I’m glad she’s with you as someone that can really appreciate her. I’m going to my first antique jewelry show don’t though so maybe some day I’ll be wiser too! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results