shape
carat
color
clarity

Victorian/Edwardian emerald ring

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I got this little Victorian or Edwardian emerald ring to celebrate having survived a recent health drama (a burst appendix). It has three little emeralds in a halo of the most delightfully sparkly OECs. It's marked 14K and has an inscription that's too worn to read. I know it is very modest compared to a lot of the large beauties here, but I love it. It is very cheering after my hospital stay.

I believe it was probably made c. 1890-1910, based on the OECs (not rose cuts, OMCs, or single cuts), the style of the setting, and the fact that the diamonds are set in yellow gold, not white metal (which I would expect to be silver if earlier and platinum or white gold if later).

Would anybody like to speculate about the possible origin and treatment of the little emeralds? They are about 3.3mm by 2.3mm each.

Okay, photos:

IMG_2463.jpeg
IMG_2405.jpeg
IMG_2380.jpeg
IMG_2465.jpeg
IMG_2466.jpeg

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
It’s beautiful! Im so glad you are recovering! Good health is a blessing!

I couldn't comment on the emerald details, but it sure is a pretty ring! Enjoy!!

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It’s lovely! Beautiful color in a delicate form.

Redwoods-hiker-girl

Brilliant_Rock
Glad you're recovering well! That must have been a painful and scary experience. You chose a beautiful ring!

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yikes! For that "life event," maybe get two!

Very pretty!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Gorgeous ring! Nice to see you and get well soon!!

cheers--Sharon

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
I adore antique jewelry for their romance and craftsmanship. Your emerald ring is a beauty and I love the finger coverage.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for the kind words and wishes, jewelry friends!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the new ring and am happy to hear you are on the way to recovery. Please wear it in good health!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results