shape
carat
color
clarity

Victorian bypass pearl ring

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few weeks back I purchased a 14kt rose gold Victorian pearl bypass ring. The design was absolutely beautiful, but the pearls looked a *lot* the worse for wear.

I contacted Takahashi and bought 2 of their beautiful 8mm akoyas with pink overtones, shipped them off to DKJ, and they did the switcheroo for me.

And voila!

The pearls aren't showing up well, but it's a very grey day here in Massachusetts and pearls don't really help one out in the photographic sense. Suffice to say, their luster is beautiful and their overtone is a pinky-mauve.

20210714_103500.jpg

20210714_110000.jpg

20210714_110013.jpg

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The luster is amazing and Pearl size just perfect for your hand. What a beautiful ring!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The luster is amazing and Pearl size just perfect for your hand. What a beautiful ring!

Thank you so much, @baby nurse! It's unlike anything else I own and it's such an 'easy wear', y'know? Goes with everything.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely beautiful! I love it! Great idea to swap out the pearls for stunning pearls and keep the gorgeous setting!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, that is super lovely and looks beautiful on your lovely skin tone!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, ladies! I'm super chuffed!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
A few weeks back I purchased a 14kt rose gold Victorian pearl bypass ring. The design was absolutely beautiful, but the pearls looked a *lot* the worse for wear.

I contacted Takahashi and bought 2 of their beautiful 8mm akoyas with pink overtones, shipped them off to DKJ, and they did the switcheroo for me.

And voila!

The pearls aren't showing up well, but it's a very grey day here in Massachusetts and pearls don't really help one out in the photographic sense. Suffice to say, their luster is beautiful and their overtone is a pinky-mauve.

20210714_103500.jpg

20210714_110000.jpg

20210714_110013.jpg

May i just say as stunning as those new pearls are in the lovelly old setting your hands steel the show
Do you remember the old Palmolive dishwashing liquid add on tv ?

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! I dream of pearl rings! They are so lovely and feminine.

I am afraid I am far too hard on my hands for such a treasure, but it's a pleasure to admire such a pretty one on you!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow this is just beautiful @mrs-b!! Great idea to replace the pearls, and that setting is amazing. Looks so lovely on you :love:

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The setting and those pearls are beautiful!

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
@mrs-b You are full of ideas! I don't know how many times I've seen gorgeous old settings with sad, aged, beaten-up pearls. Your lovely ring makes me very happy!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

What a gorgeous ring! I'm a little jeali......

cheers--Sharon

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a lovely piece and a great idea to replace the pearls. I can see what you mean about it going with everything too, really wearable.

EC8

Shiny_Rock
Oh, those claws/prongs
The pearls aren’t too shabby either LOL!!!
Well done @mrs-b!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, ladies! I love the fleur-de-lys arms in the basket and have copied them on my solitaire, currently being made by DKJ. When I have the matching pearl earrings, it should be a lovely set. :))

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! She looks lovely on your hand

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is just gorgeous, the claws are absolutely amazing! It's the perfect size on your hand :kiss2:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b Oh my goodness. That setting is just divine. :love:
Can you please share more photos of the gallery and the underside? The way the arms of the fleur-de-lis seem to reach up the sides of the pearls... This design seems so simple, fundamentally, and yet evokes such vitality - this is art.
I haven't shared this anywhere else on PS, but I'm planning to have an akoya set into Erika Winters' Grace mount, and I very much hope to achieve exactly this same "living vine" effect ❤️

Another happy Takahashi customer!! That makes me happy - the company provides such incredible value for money, and the SA who handles us English speakers is such a joy to work with! ::) Your pearls are every bit as beautiful as I would expect from them - lustrous, iridescent, and beautifully matched :love:
How are they mounted? Are they half-drilled and glued onto a peg?
And what did you wind up doing with the original pearls - are they salvageable in any fashion? Do you happen to know if they were natural pearls?

Deary and grey seems to be all we'll get for a good long time all down the northeast :???: Lucky for us that it's perfect akoya weather I suppose!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That setting, those pearls!!! Wow! This is just beautiful @mrs-b.

It looks gorgeous on your beautiful hand.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to have been MIA. We had a big covid scare here and all three of us have been quite sick. I'm so glad you all like this ring - she's an elegant little thing and I'm enjoying her a great deal.

Here is a photo that gives a better idea of the setting. For some reason, the patina on the setting seems to be reflecting onto the pearls. It's not like this in real life and I have no idea why it looks like it does in the photo. Mentally adjust accordingly. :))

How gorgeous is this?!

DKPV2021___07__13____Pearl Ring____2PR-5 copy.jpg

I'm thinking about using the new pearls I ordered for studs to make a pair of rose gold drop earrings that incorporate the same fleur-de-lys motif. I've got something in mind.... ::)

ETA. Sorry - I'm a bit scattered at the moment and missed answering some questions. Yes, I still have the original pearls but they're not salvageable. They've been cleaned with soap way too many times and are largely dried out, if that's actually a thing. Suffice to say, the luster, if there ever was any, is long departed. I'm not sure what type of pearls they are, but will look when I have a second. These ones have been glued; the basket is open and there's nowhere for a peg to attach. It always seems a crime to treat such beautiful pearls in this manner, but I wasn't about to change up the setting, so it is what it is. The earrings will be drilled and pegged.

Last edited:

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry to have been MIA. We had a big covid scare here and all three of us have been quite sick. I'm so glad you all like this ring - she's an elegant little thing and I'm enjoying her a great deal.

Here is a photo that gives a better idea of the setting. For some reason, the patina on the setting seems to be reflecting onto the pearls. It's not like this in real life and I have no idea why it looks like it does in the photo. Mentally adjust accordingly. :))

How gorgeous is this?!

I'm thinking about using the new pearls I ordered for studs to make a pair of rose gold drop earrings that incorporate the same fleur-de-lys motif. I've got something in mind.... ::)

ETA. Sorry - I'm a bit scattered at the moment and missed answering some questions. Yes, I still have the original pearls but they're not salvageable. They've been cleaned with soap way too many times and are largely dried out, if that's actually a thing. Suffice to say, the luster, if there ever was any, is long departed. I'm not sure what type of pearls they are, but will look when I have a second. These ones have been glued; the basket is open and there's nowhere for a peg to attach. It always seems a crime to treat such beautiful pearls in this manner, but I wasn't about to change up the setting, so it is what it is. The earrings will be drilled and pegged.

So beautiful - and can't wait to see the earrings - your 'something in mind' ideas are always epic! I'm sorry you've had such a scare - there's a really bad upper respiratory virus going around the east coast (at least RI and MA). It was here in our household, too and it was so worrying. Hoping you are on the mend - and feeling better.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

How gorgeous is this?!

That profile is out of this world gorgeous :love: And it looks a bit Christmas-ey to me, actually - how perfect for you H!!

I’m so looking forward to seeing your other pieces come to life!! ::) :appl: :love:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful - and can't wait to see the earrings - your 'something in mind' ideas are always epic! I'm sorry you've had such a scare - there's a really bad upper respiratory virus going around the east coast (at least RI and MA). It was here in our household, too and it was so worrying. Hoping you are on the mend - and feeling better.

@bright&shiny - we're in MA here, so quite possibly the same bug!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results