shape
carat
color
clarity

Victor Canera's Canera Ideal Hearts Diamond (VC CIH) Review

rae-

Rough_Rock
Hello PSers,

I have been a long time lurker in this forum since I was researching on my engagement ring years ago and also been regularly on PS for my recent upgrade research.

I wanted to share my experience with VC, particularly his CIH range of super ideal cut diamonds as I realised that I couldn't find anything on CIH diamonds in the forum during my research. I hope my little contribution in this forum will help future buyers when they are deciding on their big purchase.

Since this is my upgrade, I wanted to ensure that I educate myself as best as I could and make the most informed decision when selecting diamonds.

As I was only looking for super ideal cut diamonds, I narrowed down to these vendors in the market - Brian Gavin, Whiteflash and Victor Canera. During the decision making process, I considered going with Brian Gavin since he's widely known for his superior quality super ideal cut diamonds and also Whiteflash as my 10pts ACA 7-stone band are incredibly sparkly! But eventually I engaged VC as it has always been my dream to own VC ring and VC offered their own range of super ideal cut diamonds (also partially due to the fact that I'm based out of US and did not want to worry about the insurance if I were to purchase a diamond from a separate vendor).

Given that this is my first time with VC and I couldn't find much reviews on CIH diamond, I was naturally anxious about how my diamond/ring will turn out (even more so since I did not get to see the real diamond beforehand!).

Like how other VC rings' owners said before, I realised all my worries were completely unfounded once I saw my ring. Apart from the already expected high quality of VC's workmanship, the unbelievably tiny prongs holding the melees which I can barely see and great eye for proportions, I was genuinely surprised by how my super ideal cut CIH diamond performed, it really was way beyond my expectations. It has great fire and sparkle, the diamond looks so beautiful that I find myself (and others around me) frequently staring at it. This is the link of the diamond I purchased if you would like to know about the proportions https://www.victorcanera.com/diamonds/6y44za-1.517-f-vs1-ideal-hearts-arrows-round. I have also attached some photos (one from VC), please excuse my huge fingers and pardon my lousy photography skills, while the arrows are easy to see in real life, it is just so hard to capture all the arrows at the same time in photos!

Just to add on, I recently met up with a local diamond wholesaler as I have decided to sell my old engagement ring. During the meeting, he actually noticed my VC ring and commented that my CIH diamond is so beautiful, sparkly and fiery, and even requested to have a closer look. I find that this comment coming from an industry insider speaks volume about the quality of CIH diamonds.

six-prongs-scalloped-victor-canera.jpg IMG_2421.jpg IMG_2454.jpg IMG_2472.jpg

I know I'm singing high praises of VC and his CIH diamond, and some may be sceptical. I would like to highlight that this is my personal and most genuine opinion, I thought that if there was someone else like me who was hesitant to take the plunge with CIH diamonds due to the lack of review, hopefully this post will help to shed some light.

Lastly, thank you Victor and Nicholas for my beautiful diamond and ring. Apologies for the many questions I have, and also my initial concerns on CIH diamond quality. I am extremely convinced and really happy that I took that this step out. (:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great story! everyone loves Canera rings.. I like his European cuts very much also. Congrats and it's one hell of a beautiful stone and ring.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
more pix too!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous diamond and gorgeous ring - wear it in happiness - and thank you for sharing your review!

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful photos of a stunning ring. The handiwork on the prongs is utterly gorgeous. Maybe I should consider VC the next time I am looking at an anniversary present for my wife...

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgrous stone and ring!
Looking forward to see your handshots.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful upgrade! I really like the basket...Congrats!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your stone and setting are both gorgeous!! :love::love: Victor's craftsmanship is impeccable, and this is one of my favorite settings as well... truly beautiful, timeless, and classic. Feel free to post as many photos as you like! Congrats and enjoy!!

JoJa12345

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Love!! This setting is the one I have my eye on to have my BGD set into. Your pictures are beautiful and helpful! :love:

EllieTO

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you for posting, and congratulations on your stunning ring! The diamond you picked is flawless! I'm not sure why we don't see more VC rings here, and why he's not recommended more often, considering his CIH are comparable in price to other super ideals, and his antique cuts are the only alternatives to AVR/AVC (that I know of, I could be wrong). Unfortunately his CER selection is a bit limited lately.

Also, the setting you picked happens to be my top choice as well - my boyfriend has strict instructions to that setting and a VC diamond for when the time comes.

Enjoy your beautiful ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results