shape
carat
color
clarity

VICTOR CANERA RB HALO RING - MY FOREVER SETTING FINALLY !

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock
the amazing Victor Canera completed this ring in 10 business days, and was so kind to coordinate with Malca Amit so that the mailing of the ring (both ways) was fast, safe and inexpensive !

100% Hand Forged Setting:

- 90% platinum with 10% iridium
- shallow u-cut pave (aka cutdown pave)
- 1.8mm uniform hand forged wire shank with single row pave, ending at 5 and 7 o'clock
- center diamond set at 7-7.25mm
- small donut at about 5mm in diameter, with pave
- curved wire struts with pave
- halo to tilt down at 25 degrees, minimal metal at the lip of the halo, so for the halo part this was achieve with hand forged PLATE (like a slab), not the WIRE shaped metal which is only possible if the halo is at 0 degrees tilt / leveled with no tilt.
- 1.5mm halo viewed from top down, so the actual width of the halo would be about 1.7mm if the halo would tilt at 25 degrees downwards (used trigonometry for this calculation!)
- diamond melee size on the halo must be absolutely uniform so that the halo is absolutely in the shape of a perfect circle. spaces between each melee diamond on the halo must also be uniform and not irregular
- absolutely no metal between center diamond and halo, absolutely no airline
- center diamond is set off-square so that the claw prongs would rest on the kite facets of the diamond and also point at the corners of the table exactly
- Victor used 0.75ctw in melee diamonds on the setting, F-G VS+

I'll start off with the ring making process...

**edited by moderator. please comply with our policies regarding photo logos in the SMTB forum**

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock
Re: VICTOR CANERA RB HALO RING - MY FOREVER SETTING FINALLY

on to the completed ring !

10_2.jpg

4_4.jpg

5_2.jpg

Hand Pics (so happy about the absolutely perfectly circular halo with thin "lip" on the side) !

8_2.jpg

9_2.jpg

7_3.jpg

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock

That is amazing! What are the specs of the stone?

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock

one more on the beautiful profile ...

11_0.jpg

whitneyc

Rough_Rock

It's beautiful! Victor Canera seems to be quite an amazing artist!

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock

Beautiful work! I like the profile too!

silviagbc

Rough_Rock

stunning!! :love:

princessfeedme

Shiny_Rock

Frankie,

I'm most content in the shadows and rarely feel compelled to comment, but I must say this Victor Canera ring is breathtaking! I've followed your journey through the various design changes, and I admit at times I thought you were just too critical. However, now that I see this masterpiece, I understand. I have never been able to verbalize why the halo's profile is not attractive to me until now. The profile view of most of the halo's out there look too much like donuts or inflatable swim trainers, or even like UFO ships. The tilt angle on the halo makes ALL THE DIFFERENCE! Victor Canera's craftsmanship is unparalleled, and I'm a halo convert. Not only that, I'm truly impressed by your critical eyes and relentless pursuit for perfection. I hope you continue to love this (hopefully final) incarnation of your ring. Wear it in good health!

Cheers,
pFEEDme

princessfeedme

Shiny_Rock

Oh another thing, more pictures please! Perhaps with your wedding band also? :naughty: Thnx!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock

Wow, I love it!

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock

princessfeedme|1313137664|2989185 said:
Frankie,

I'm most content in the shadows and rarely feel compelled to comment, but I must say this Victor Canera ring is breathtaking! I've followed your journey through the various design changes, and I admit at times I thought you were just too critical. However, now that I see this masterpiece, I understand. I have never been able to verbalize why the halo's profile is not attractive to me until now. The profile view of most of the halo's out there look too much like donuts or inflatable swim trainers, or even like UFO ships. The tilt angle on the halo makes ALL THE DIFFERENCE! Victor Canera's craftsmanship is unparalleled, and I'm a halo convert. Not only that, I'm truly impressed by your critical eyes and relentless pursuit for perfection. I hope you continue to love this (hopefully final) incarnation of your ring. Wear it in good health!

Cheers,
pFEEDme

+1
Took the words from my mouth!
It's perfection, Frankie, Victor did and INCREDIBLE job, WOW :love:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

That halo is perfection!!!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Simply OUTSTANDING :love: Victor is an amazing artist in the true sense. I am glad you are satisfied with the outcome.

I LOVE it!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Never would have thought about the 'tilt' to the halo - it truly does make a difference! The stone fits seamlessly into the halo and yet doesn't look like one huge circle - you can still determine where the center stone begins and ends!

Beautiful job - you've obviously got a great eye for detail. So glad that you are happy with your ring! :appl:

I second more pictures and would love to see what band you've decided to pair with it!

butterflyblue

Shiny_Rock

Stunning ring!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade

It is breathtaking! Victor truly is a master artist! The ring is gorgeous! Congrats on your new setting!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

It's stunning! I know you've been through quite the journey to get here but I'm happy you finally have your dream ring! Enjoy!!

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock

I'm truly not the biggest halo fan, although there are some drop-dead gorgeous ones on PS! Congratulations! :love: Your ring is now on the DROP DEAD GORGEOUS HALO list ;))

Enjoy it!

LAG2010

Shiny_Rock

wow! that halo fits like a glove and it looks gorgeous! congrats on finally achieving your dream look!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock

Apparently this ring has been quite a process for you and I am glad that you have a setting that makes you happy. The workmanship and design are absolutely exquisite! It is quite a commanding piece on your hand and breathtakingly beautiful.

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock

It's stunning! Congratulations on the perfect ring.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Lovely! Wear it in good health.

OCmom3xboys

Shiny_Rock

WOW! Another stunning setting :appl:

slg47

Ideal_Rock

beautiful! I really like the angle on the halo. I have been impressed by all of Victor's pieces on PS. I wish we had known about him when I was looking for my ring!

Frankie may I ask why you went with the re-set?

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's gorgeous Frankie!!

luckky

Shiny_Rock

This is stunning one TDF!! :love: but I was just wondering what you do with the old setting which I sooo...in love with that one too and it was so beautiful even though...I know what you found out. But I love how the line of diamond around the edge of halo...I really do love that. Happy for you to find what you love and will be forever :)

Very nice! I hope you are very happy with the ring :))

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's been a very interesting journey reading about the story behind your engagement ring--looks like you finally reached perfection!

BTW, what do you plan on doing w/ the old settings? I wonder if you could reincarnate the diamond melee from you last ring into a pair of diamond hoop earrings?

rosetta

Ideal_Rock

Oh my.

I've just realised why I never liked halos around diamonds: they always looked like illusion settings that were designed to make the centre stone look bigger. But the tilt of the halo changes this completely. The halo is now enhancing the stone, and looks like a separate entity and soooo much better to my eyes.

It's perfection and that's the kind of halo I would get should I ever get a reset!

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock

had a chance to take a few more photos !

with the band in the kitchen under spotlights :

20a_0.jpg

sorry the lighting is a bit dim here :

12_2.jpg

13_2.jpg

16_0.jpg

19_1.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results