shape
carat
color
clarity

Victor Canera or CBI for super ideal with VC setting

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Less than a year ago mrs-b offered a VC diamond for sale. I had already fallen in love with VC’s Orchid Six Prong Trilogy Setting with Side Pears. Mrs-b was heading to LA the following week and most graciously offered to drop the diamond off at VC to be set. I, in turn, emailed VC and spoke to both Nicholas and VC regarding what I wanted. The ring was returned in a very timely fashion and the workmanship on the ring was, and is, exquisite. The diamond is exemplary, little metal shows due to the fine craftsmanship and the prongs are gorgeous! Unlike so many PS’s, I have had no DSS. I wear this ring daily and just love having it on my finger.
I admit to never having seen a CBI in person, so I cannot comment on CBI.
Warning...A small thread jack
Mcgregor Your ring is exquisite! I’m so happy for you that you found this stone and @mrs-b - She is a true gem! I’m so glad your ring is giving you joy!

Victor Canera

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thank you for chiming in @Wink .

I think we share the passion for very finely cut diamonds:) I agree that something as simplistic as a lab report doesn’t capture what’s happening three dimensionally inside a diamond although AGSL’s Platinum Dual LP document can be used as a starting point to inspect optical symmetry through the pavilion image.

I absolutely agree with you that few producers take the care in producing diamonds at this level. Yesterday, I went through a fun exercise here and was browsing through the wholesale MLS to check the inventory of a company with over 8,000 individual diamonds listed. Many of these diamonds are marketed as being hearts and arrows. Once you put in the physical proportion ranges that we prefer, guess how many diamonds came up? The result was a single diamond. Then, one would need to check its optical symmetry. So 1 diamond out of 8,000.

One of our unique propositions is that we’re actually quite involved with the procuring of rough and manufacturing of our diamonds since we fan out the production processes and our diamonds don’t come from already polished goods. Because of this, I have to be involved in the nitty gritty of diamond characteristics in order to get exactly what we want. We’re the ones that control the level of 3d symmetry and every little small nuance in physical proportions rather than being dictated to by a producer. This worfkflow forces us to have to strategize and consider the tuning all 57 facets together and to find a good balance of brilliance, fire and scintillation.

All the best

Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Warning...A small thread jack
Mcgregor Your ring is exquisite! I’m so happy for you that you found this stone and @mrs-b - She is a true gem! I’m so glad your ring is giving you joy!

Thank you for that lovely comment, @Bonfire! :wavey: @Mcgregor's ring in particular, and that style in general, is without fault, in my opinion. I've never seen any hand it didn't flatter - from my 7.5 substantial paw, to McGregor's tiny little digits - and everything in between. I hope to get one of these again at some point - preferably with a smaller stone; I love this style done with a large center, but it's absolutely exquisite with a center around the .8 - 1.5ct mark.

@Moos16 - my 2.5ct was a G SI1, and it had a far more obvious-looking mark in the middle of the table. In real life, it was completely invisible to the naked eye. I remember talking to McGregor when she was thinking about buying it from me, and her feeling it was going to be a big blurt, impossible to miss in real life! When she saw the stone, she was completely taken aback by how impossible it was to see. Perhaps she might drop by and speak to this issue.

If your choice is the VC stone, I think you can go ahead with confidence. But in VC, WF and CBI, you're considering 3 truly great products, so you really can't go wrong.

Good luck!

Mcgregor

Shiny_Rock
When mrs-b put her VC diamond up for sale, she included the paperwork. I asked her if it was eye clean because it certainly didn’t look it to me! I believe I told her that it was “spitting” at me. I knew that mrs-b was the gold standard on PS as was VC, but the inclusions!! I needed to take a three hour ride to see the diamond to be sure that it was eye clean. No matter your definition of the distance to be eye clean, this stone is eye clean and it is an SI 1. Am I able to see inclusions with a loupe? Yes. Am I able to see inclusions without a loupe? Yes, If I really, really study the stone and actively go looking for inclusions. Even at that, I may only find a small spot. I freely admit that I am not like other PS’s who state that once they have seen the inclusion they cannot unsee it. But the cut of the stone masks everything....except its great beauty!
I should also add, if I just saw this stone on my own, I would not have thought twice about it. But the fact that I was purchasing it from mrs-b and that it was a VC stone really did speak volumes to me.

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
I freely admit that I am not like other PS’s who state that once they have seen the inclusion they cannot unsee it
+1 LOL
Besides, my vision deteriorated over the years! :lol:

Mcgregor

Shiny_Rock
Wewechew, mrs-b put up a post may 4, 2018 and I came out of lurkdom then. Search mrs-b and you should find my beauty.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wewechew, mrs-b put up a post may 4, 2018 and I came out of lurkdom then. Search mrs-b and you should find my beauty.
Thank you!!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results