shape
carat
color
clarity

Victor Canera Heirloom Sapphire Halo Earrings!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last December I got a sapphire Beaudry ring for our anniversary, and I decided to have matching earrings made for my early Sept. birthday, thanks to my generous hubby! I knew Victor Canera was the one to make them as he does such perfect work with this style of jewelry. I did not micromanage one thing! I just told him I wanted them made in platinum and he just asked me a couple of questions such as if I was okay with single cuts and ajour designs on the back. I trusted Victor and he more than lived up to my expectations! :love: :appl:

Here is his description of the earrings and the link to a video:

"These studs feature a pair of beautiful sapphires surrounded in a halo of vintage single-cut diamonds. The earrings feature a double-contour design. The backs of the galleries feature a custom ajour design. The backs were also custom made for this project."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFbQfP1tsrE

Sapphires are about 5.5mm and total diameter with halo is about 7.8mm.

Here is the picture he sent me:

vcanerasapphearrings1.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are a couple of quick pictures that I took. My old camera died and I just opened the new one today and really didn't have time to take many pictures. The second one shows the pierced and engraved back. He also custom made the push backs! They are really gorgeous! Thanks, Victor!!! :appl: (I am adding my ring at the bottom because I am sure at some point I will change my avatar picture.)

vcanerasapphearrings2.jpg

vcanerasapphearrings3.jpg

vcanerasapphearrings6.jpg

img_3185.jpg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really a beautiful design and love the deep blue color of the sapphires! Victor did a great job once again! Now how will you decide what to wear between your diamond studs, hoops and now these sapphire studs?!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mom2boys|1345066146|3251980 said:
Really a beautiful design and love the deep blue color of the sapphires! Victor did a great job once again! Now how will you decide what to wear between your diamond studs, hoops and now these sapphire studs?!

Thanks, mom2boys! Victor is a master at his craft, that is for sure! I like variety, so I now think I am satisfied with my earring collection! :bigsmile: (Well, except I plan to upgrade my studs!)

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Oh they look amazing! Just perfect! These are an heirloom piece indeed. Excellent idea to use Victor. Enjoy!!!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Absolutely gorgeous!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty DS! Quick question for you- did VC sourse the sapphires? I'm just curious because I approached him about some gemstones earrings a while ago and he said he wouldn't set customer supplied colored stones.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Oh my stars, those are GORGEOUS, DS!!!! I love your collection!!! :love: :love: ENJOY!!! :appl: :appl:

D

Deactivated member 42515

How do you find these sapphires!!! They are the most beautiful blue!!! I love everything about your collection! Everything!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: :love: :love: LOVE THEM!!!!! they are so perfect!!!! :appl: :appl:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those are gorgeous, DS!! They look perfect on your ears - the right amount of coverage. Love the double levels and the prong work... and the single cuts are beautiful! So bright and white against the rich depth of those amazing sapphires - just stunning!!! Congratulations on yet ANOTHER spectacular project!

Happy birthday and give DH a big squeeze from us - as long as he keeps you in jewels, we get to live vicariously thru you!!! :love:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh my, perfect, classy, gorgeous! And I love the detailing on those earrings...masterful!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They're beautiful DS!! They look fabulous in your ears :sun: And with the opening they'll be so easy to keep clean and sparkly, too :bigsmile:

Happy early birthday!!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful and classic!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Totes gorge!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much for all the kind comments mom2boys, Rosebloom, Yenny, Sarahbear, Dani, YayTacori, Mayk, Enerchi, TGal, Yssie, Amy, and Deco! :wavey: Birthdays aren't as fun when you are over 39, so I try to celebrate 39 every year! At least it can be an excuse for a little jewlery item some years! :lol:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! I love that low profile - it looks like they'll be very comfortable to wear!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sarahbear621|1345072089|3252040 said:
Very pretty DS! Quick question for you- did VC sourse the sapphires? I'm just curious because I approached him about some gemstones earrings a while ago and he said he wouldn't set customer supplied colored stones.

Sarah, I actually contacted Victor in 2011 for a few quotes for items that were on my wishlist. I have wanted these earrings for ages because I loved the ones Katie Holmes had! He apparently changed his policy sometime after that since he became so busy. But he was kind enough to do this project for me since I had already contacted him prior to that. I would be more than happy to have Victor source stones for me for future projects as I am certain he would find nice stones!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1345087689|3252173 said:
Beautiful! I love that low profile - it looks like they'll be very comfortable to wear!

Thank you, VRBeauty! Yes, they are very comfortable! I was going to save them for my birthday but we went out of town this weekend and I just had to wear them! I'm not showing them to my kids until my birthday, though!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
DS!!! They are gorgeous! :love: :love: :love:

I am definitely jealous of your sapphire earrings and ring....if they go missing, don't look my way. :Up_to_something: Haha.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
armywife13|1345089527|3252186 said:
DS!!! They are gorgeous! :love: :love: :love:

I am definitely jealous of your sapphire earrings and ring....if they go missing, don't look my way. :Up_to_something: Haha.

Thanks!!! Maybe we can just borrow each other's pieces now and then! :bigsmile:

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
very elegant earrings !

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Those look amazing! :love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are beautiful! The earrings truly are of heirloom quality. I don't ever remember seeing that much detail going into the mountings and the backs! The stones are beautiful and the earrings look like the perfect size on your ears. A fitting compliment to your new ring as well.

Congrats on the birthday and enjoy these new beauties. Somehow you don't think of earrings as being masterpieces but I think these fit that bill!

jacy

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful design on the earrings all around, and they look very lovely on your ear! Best wishes for a wonderful birthday!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are just beautiful DS!! Wear in health and happiness and a very happy (early) birthday!!

Luxie

Shiny_Rock
Very beautiful earrings and your sapphire and diamond ring is amazingly gorgeous! :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Many thanks for the kind comments about the earrings and my ring and the birthday wishes jeweln, lknvrb4, MissGotRocks, jacy, missy, and Good luxe girl!

MGR...yes, they really are heirlooms! I debated for awhile about just buying less expensive stock sapphire and diamond earrings, but I am SO glad that I went forward and had Victor make them. I find that my only regrets with jewelry have to do with not getting the best quality I can at the outset.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
they are absolutely gorgeous!! i love the color of the sapphires and the erring and back designs. :love:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Those are just gorgeous DS!!!!!!!! I love how low they sit and those little claws are just yummy! They match your beautiful ring perfectly :appl: These make me want to buy some sapphire studs for my jackets :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results