shape
carat
color
clarity

Victor Canera Emilya Questions

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much for this picture! I LOVE IT!!! :love::love::love:
What size is your diamond? It looks very similar to mine.
Mine is much smaller- a 1.35ct, so yours will be way bigger!

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
How exciting! I found it hard also to make final decisions with my emilya. I did not want a cathedral band, but I chose the donut with diamonds on it and half pointers in Single cut is what victor felt would be best for for antique cut pear stone.

I find it sits perfectly and I wouldn’t want it any higher or lower. I let victor guide me as he is the expert.

Your new setting will be amazing and he will make your stone sing! IMG_0096.JPG _39083.jpg _5724.jpeg _5050.jpeg _5049.jpeg

JoJa12345

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It’s VC!!! I’m so excited, I just mailed him my diamond in my old setting today!

SO EXCITING!!! Is it a modified emilya or a different style? I can not wait to see it on your finger ~ you must be super excited.
Can I ask how you sent it to him? I know they recommend registered mail but I wanted to look into something faster, if possible. My insurance company says I am good whatever way I send it, I want it the safest but also the fastest.

MZSushi

Rough_Rock
SO EXCITING!!! Is it a modified emilya or a different style? I can not wait to see it on your finger ~ you must be super excited.
Can I ask how you sent it to him? I know they recommend registered mail but I wanted to look into something faster, if possible. My insurance company says I am good whatever way I send it, I want it the safest but also the fastest.

It’s a modified Emilya I think! I told VC what qualities I wanted in a halo and they sent me that image. We shipped it registered mail, which takes 3 days but there’s no faster option and it’s not cheap lol but as long as my diamond arrives safely that’s all that matters!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
0BB7F751-A1E1-4980-A449-4B97EF2C73AB.jpeg 85A3924C-51F9-473C-B192-267DDEBF972F.jpeg EB0AEBE9-730E-4227-8CFE-05606EAA954B.jpeg D3CE90DC-9221-43CE-B481-91FD0620B1B5.jpeg
Mine is an adapted version with a cushion halo that is NSEW oriented. Victor has a great eye for proportion and I let him decide on the detailing. The beautiful melee on the the stems and donut was a huge and pleasant suprise, as well as the orientation of the stems. Since this was my fourth project with him, I could let go and let him decide on the best looking features, heigth etc.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Safest will always be Registered. However, if faster is desired, you can send by any of the overnight or two day shipping services if your insurance covers your ring while being shipped and you don't have to buy extra insurance. FedEx and UPS won't usually insure jewelry, and that is why most here use USPS for shipping. There's a $50k max for insurance on Registered, and then there's a lower amount on the other options, maybe $5k priority the last time I recall. The USPS Overnight with signature required would likely be fine if your insurance covers shipping. But never, ever give a hint of what is in the package. They shouldn't ask, but if they do, you'll have to think of something to say that does not hint of the value.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, dumb question...is Emilya pronounced like Amelia, or is it Emily-ya?

JoJa12345

Shiny_Rock
Premium
0BB7F751-A1E1-4980-A449-4B97EF2C73AB.jpeg 85A3924C-51F9-473C-B192-267DDEBF972F.jpeg EB0AEBE9-730E-4227-8CFE-05606EAA954B.jpeg D3CE90DC-9221-43CE-B481-91FD0620B1B5.jpeg
Mine is an adapted version with a cushion halo that is NSEW oriented. Victor has a great eye for proportion and I let him decide on the detailing. The beautiful melee on the the stems and donut was a huge and pleasant suprise, as well as the orientation of the stems. Since this was my fourth project with him, I could let go and let him decide on the best looking features, heigth etc.

This is absolutely STUNNING!!

wildcatz

Rough_Rock
For those of you that have Emilyas, does having a doughnut make the ring more stable somehow? What is the purpose of a doughnut? It must not be necessary as some have one and some do not.

JoJa12345

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Does anyone know what the approx. carat weight for the setting is? I'm sure it would vary slightly depending on the center stone ~ I'm just looking for approximate. Thanks for any info!

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone know what the approx. carat weight for the setting is? I'm sure it would vary slightly depending on the center stone ~ I'm just looking for approximate. Thanks for any info!

My halo is .43ctw and interestingly enough, so is my eternity shallow cut u-pave wedding that matches.

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much for your reply @Logan Sapphire . It certainly is helpful to give a visual frame of reference.

I've requested that VC make my band no thinner than 2mm. Though I want the band to be delicate and thin, I ultimately don't want to compromise longevity and durability, so thought that 2mm would be plenty thin enough.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results