carat
color
clarity

Victor Canera Emilya Questions

JoJa12345

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hello all!
I am trying to re-set my engagement ring (2.11 BGD ~ I color). It is currently set in a BGD 6 prong classic setting.
I LOVE VC's Emilya halo but am so confused over all the different variations ~ flush stems, donut, etc. I really wish I could just go in and try the different styles on but I live in PA so that can't happen.
My dilemma is that I don't like my ring to be set to high (I feel like my current setting sits a bit to straight up and high and I don't love that). Also, I would like to continue to wear my wedding band (classic 7 stone with 1.15ctw) and am unsure if this is even possible to do with the Emilya. I have 2 different plain spacer rings (1mm and 2mm) and I wear either one every day with my current e-ring and I would definitely continue to wear the spacer with the Emilya (I know some people don't like that look but it doesn't bother me).
I did not realize how incredibly hard it would be to pick a setting online ~ I thought picking the diamond was stressful but wow does this top that 10 fold.
Any advice current Emilya owners or people going through this same dilemma have is GREATLY appreciated!

** I wanted to add that I have looked through every VC thread I could find on PS and other sites and am still confused as to the different variations of the Emilya ~ :read:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Victor will create the Emilya’s based on the center stone.
Here are the options I see:
- with cathedral or without cathedral
- cushion shaped halo or round halo
- a cushion shaped halo could have the classic orientation or NSEW orientation
- donut or without donut (allowing a band to sit flush)
- rounded or outward oriented stems
- pave on the shank or not
- classic halo or multisided halo
- melee on the stems or not
Height: depending on the depth of the center stone, but could be as low as possible or medium height

JoJa12345

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Acinom !
What is rounded or outward oriented stems?
Do you think wearing a wedding band (Not a VC) would be a problem? I am hoping to be able to wear my 1.15ctw 7 stone classic wedding band.
Thank you so much!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Doesn't Victor do an Emilya with flush stems?

JoJa12345

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Doesn't Victor do an Emilya with flush stems?
Yes, he does but I have no idea what that actually means o_O
Honestly, the descriptions for settings are just confusing me and since i can't see them in person it's driving me crazy that's why I'm hoping to get help on here (this forum is always so helpful)!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would call him.

The Stig

Rough_Rock
The one without the donut and outward stems would allow the center stone to sit the lowest possible and allow the current band to sit flush. I believe adding a donut would allow the center stone to sit even lower, but then the band won’t sit flush. I could be wrong though, but that was my understanding when I spoke to him.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am going to say that I don't think your wedding band will look good with the Emilya. Larger diamond bands look fine with a solitaire. But when you have a delicate pave setting, the larger stones in band usually don't look right, at least to me. Most of the people who wear a band get a thin matching pave band or other thin band. I wouldn't put pave at the base of the head (the "doughnut") if I wanted to wear a band with it. I really don't think a band with 16 pointers is going to work with an Emilya looks wise or even with flush stems I think a band that big will hit the stems. I really don't like the flush stems version as well as others, either.

Sorry to be the negative voice, but I hate to see you put a lot of money into something that you might have problems with later. I'd maybe suggest using your band as a standalone ring when you don't want to wear the halo. Or you could wear it as a right hand ring, perhaps.

JoJa12345

Shiny_Rock
Premium
The one without the donut and outward stems would allow the center stone to sit the lowest possible and allow the current band to sit flush. I believe adding a donut would allow the center stone to sit even lower, but then the band won’t sit flush. I could be wrong though, but that was my understanding when I spoke to him.

Thank you! The other issue I have is I don't love is when there is a lot of space under the diamond (when you look at it from the side I don't want it to look like the diamond is floating, if that makes sense) I am thinking the flush stems would take care of that but I have no idea.

JoJa12345

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I am going to say that I don't think your wedding band will look good with the Emilya. Larger diamond bands look fine with a solitaire. But when you have a delicate pave setting, the larger stones in band usually don't look right, at least to me. Most of the people who wear a band get a thin matching pave band or other thin band. I wouldn't put pave at the base of the head (the "doughnut") if I wanted to wear a band with it. I really don't think a band with 16 pointers is going to work with an Emilya looks wise or even with flush stems I think a band that big will hit the stems. I really don't like the flush stems version as well as others, either.

Sorry to be the negative voice, but I hate to see you put a lot of money into something that you might have problems with later. I'd maybe suggest using your band as a standalone ring when you don't want to wear the halo. Or you could wear it as a right hand ring, perhaps.

Thank you! I greatly appreciate your comments!! My husband says the same thing (that it won't look good with my current wedding band). I have a very thin diamond band as well that I could easily wear with the emilya but I really wanted to wear my 7 stone classic because I just love it.
I appreciate the comment about spending so much money to have any issues ~ I agree and that's probably why I've had it in the plain setting for as long as I have. I am nervous to make a mistake and end up not loving my ring.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! I greatly appreciate your comments!! My husband says the same thing (that it won't look good with my current wedding band). I have a very thin diamond band as well that I could easily wear with the emilya but I really wanted to wear my 7 stone classic because I just love it.
I appreciate the comment about spending so much money to have any issues ~ I agree and that's probably why I've had it in the plain setting for as long as I have. I am nervous to make a mistake and end up not loving my ring.
How about making your seven stone a RHR? Then you can focus on the ering you love without any additional considerations.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You won't believe this, but I can relate! I have had my (anniversary) diamond for 5 years and set it in a temporary solitaire setting. But committing to just one makes me very nervous! Settings are costly and I don't want to make a mistake and then have to get another!!!!

Miss Marple

Shiny_Rock
Have you tried on similar styles at a brick and mortar store? Those rings are not likely to be nearly as refined as the Emilya, but will give you a good idea if the overall look and whether you think your 7 stone will work with that style. I tend to agree with iLikeShiny that the 7 stone will clash with all the delicate pave.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
B629B9DF-C5D0-44F5-85BF-43D45F54AA40.jpeg 22F9A02A-25EF-4A9D-A32D-3BD4517FCDCD.jpeg
No donut and with rounded ‘stems’

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
E0FCB743-30CA-46C8-9845-9D8A7D826D3D.jpeg
Donut and outward facing stems. (No donut, in combination with this stem orientation would allow a band to sit flush).
But I do agree with the posters above to wear your 7 stone band as a right hand ring as it would sit too high against the Emilya setting

JoJa12345

Shiny_Rock
Premium
B629B9DF-C5D0-44F5-85BF-43D45F54AA40.jpeg 22F9A02A-25EF-4A9D-A32D-3BD4517FCDCD.jpeg

Thank you for these!!
Okay, so now I know I can't do the no donut ~ it sits up to high for me. One thing decided, a hundred more to go ~ LOL.
Thank you for taking the time to find these pictures to show me ~ very much appreciated!!

The Stig

Rough_Rock
Will the rounded stems allow the band to sit flush though? Doesn’t look like it would be as effective as if the stems went straight up?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The doughnut will not really make the stone sit higher (not much anyway). The shank is still under the head/prongs. The doughnut gives just a little space so your rings don't rub each other all the way around.

m-2-b has a 4.7 ct stone in the Emilya and it sits quite low. Let me see if I can find it. She did no pave on the doughnut. I think her stone was lower in the Emilya than in her solitaire, as you can see.

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ictor-canera-emilya-cathedral-setting.227774/

Last edited:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Will the rounded stems allow the band to sit flush though? Doesn’t look like it would be as effective as if the stems went straight up?

No. Her band is not going to work with the Emilya regardless of how the stems are placed because her band will be too high with 16 point stones.

JoJa12345

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Have you tried on similar styles at a brick and mortar store? Those rings are not likely to be nearly as refined as the Emilya, but will give you a good idea if the overall look and whether you think your 7 stone will work with that style. I tend to agree with iLikeShiny that the 7 stone will clash with all the delicate pave.

I have had the absolute worst experiences in B&M stores. Just pull your hair out bad ~ LOL.
I have one more store I want to visit and I am really hoping it goes well.

JoJa12345

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Okay, so I've realized I would prefer the "donut" and my 7 stone wedding band definitely won't work with the Emilya. Now I need to decide if that's okay for me. I know I can put it on my right hand but I'm not overly loving that idea. I don't know what it is but I like wearing a wedding band with my e-ring. I do have a thin diamond band and a spacer ring that I know would definitely work, but I have to really be honest with myself if I would be okay not wearing my 7 stone often.

I REALLY appreciate everyone's opinions, comments, suggestions. This has been such a hard decision for me (like I said it is SO much tougher than buying the stone, and I lost sleep over that). THANK YOU!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you tell Nicholas how high your 7 stone band is? Maybe Victor can come up with a design that would accommodate that, something new he has never done before. He’s a designer too. Don’t limit yourself or him. Also are you ok with the different widths of the shanks? The pave Emilya shank is probably about 2mm wide. Your 16 pointer band is probably wider than that. That ok? With a halo there will always be some element of floating. To make it less obvious, you could opt for another halo coming off the edge of the ring. See @twosanguinehearts’ halo by Victor. That is one of my favorites.

quaddio

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Is plain shank an option?

MZSushi

Rough_Rock
F592B174-2411-431C-A70F-5CADB92D4AE4.png This is the design I’m going with to have the matching band sit flush, except pave only down one side of the band and no pave on the bridge.

JoJa12345

Shiny_Rock
Premium
F592B174-2411-431C-A70F-5CADB92D4AE4.png This is the design I’m going with to have the matching band sit flush, except pave only down one side of the band and no pave on the bridge.

Wow, this is absolutely beautiful! Is this VC or another vendor? :love:

JoJa12345

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Did you tell Nicholas how high your 7 stone band is? Maybe Victor can come up with a design that would accommodate that, something new he has never done before. He’s a designer too. Don’t limit yourself or him. Also are you ok with the different widths of the shanks? The pave Emilya shank is probably about 2mm wide. Your 16 pointer band is probably wider than that. That ok? With a halo there will always be some element of floating. To make it less obvious, you could opt for another halo coming off the edge of the ring. See @twosanguinehearts’ halo by Victor. That is one of my favorites.

I love the Emilya the way it is so I don't think I'd want a modified version just to fit my wedding band. I mean I do love my wedding band but the more I think about it the more I realize wearing it with the emilya isn't doable and I'm okay with that. Also, the thought of designing my own ring makes me all sort of anxious ~ I think that's why I want to go with VC, because from everything I've read he's a master at his craft and I don't have to micro manage (which I am prone to do being a control freak)
Currently I wear my BGD classic setting which is 2mm with my 7 stone band (not sure of the mm) and an either 1mm or 2mm spacer ~ depending on the look I want that day. I don't mind the band differences at all.
Going to check @twosanguinehearts right now.....:read:

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
3954C9D9-284B-4278-A333-5943C9350AB6.jpeg

I have a cathedral Emilya and I tried it on with a wider band, as well as a 1.5 mm band, to see if this was the general look you’d have. Obviously your center stone is much larger than mine so the look would be a little different.

JoJa12345

Shiny_Rock
Premium
3954C9D9-284B-4278-A333-5943C9350AB6.jpeg

I have a cathedral Emilya and I tried it on with a wider band, as well as a 1.5 mm band, to see if this was the general look you’d have. Obviously your center stone is much larger than mine so the look would be a little different.

Thank you so much for this picture! I LOVE IT!!! :love::love::love:
What size is your diamond? It looks very similar to mine.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results