shape
carat
color
clarity

VG Symmetry Can''t Be H&A?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Midway

Rough_Rock
I know that there are varying opinions about a H&A diamond. Some feel it has a great effect on the overall optical performance, others think it''s more a marketing thing than anything else.

My question is: if a stone has VG symmetry according to AGS or GIA, then will it be impossible for it to have the optical symmetry needed for a H&A stone?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
optical symmetry and lab graded symmetry are not dependent on one another.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
H&A come in several different levels of perfection in the H&A pattern. I can remember Brian Gavin of Whiteflash explaining the many ways to "grade" H&A. To such an expert the H&A pattern reveals a lot of information about symmetry and the intent of the cutter. To less trained eyes, one might wonder what all the fuss is about.

I am sure you could find some sort of H&A in a stone with only good or even fair symmetry. Maybe it would be an imperfect sort of H&A to expert eyes, but someone untrained might just assume that''s the pattern and that''s all there is to it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results