shape
carat
color
clarity

VG Cut vs. HCA

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TalkDoc

Rough_Rock
Quick question for everyone here...

Color I
Clarity SI1
7.33-7.37-4.45
Depth 60.5%
Table 59%
Crown Angle 34.0
Pavilion Angle 40.6
Pol Ex
Sym Ex
Fluor MB
Girdle M-TK
Culet N

For the above stone, the Holloway Cut Adviser yields a 1.1 TIC with the following:
Light Return Excellent
Fire Excellent
Scintillation Excellent
Spread or diameter for weight Very Good

The GIA certification is only a very good cut. I really want the best cut possible. Is there something about this stone I should avoid?

Thank you for your help.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you have the GIA report number?

TalkDoc

Rough_Rock
GIA Report 1106632112

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Using facetware, the reason this stone is graded VG in cut is because of the M-Tk girdle, not because of the angle. You can get a Ex cut with all the same numbers but a girdle of M-STk.

So nothing should be wrong with the optical performance, just that the face up will be slightly smaller than an ideally cut stone. Which should be around 7.4mm, compared to this stone's 7.35mm. Just slightly, probably not noticeable.

GIA reportcheck.http://www2.gia.edu/reportcheck/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.showReportVerification&reportno=1106632112&weight=1.51

Surg

Rough_Rock
Sorry, replied to wrong post.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thick girdle will not get GIA Excellent, that is the reason for the VG cut grade. If you want more info on this diamond, ask for an Idealscope or ASET image, that would tell us more.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results