shape
carat
color
clarity

Very Weird Compliments Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ejsarkar

Shiny_Rock

My sister spends a lot of time on her eyebrows because she has BDD (body dysmorphic disorder). To anyone else but her, they look perfect (she is an artist) and since she has very fair skin, very dark hair and blue eyes, they stand out. She gets compliments constantly. The compliments make her even more self-conscious and draw attention to the one thing she is trying to make perfect so that no attention is paid. It’s a vicious cycle.

The weirdest compliment I ever got was when I was studying abroad in England during college. I was at a nightclub and 3 guys from Uruguay were hitting on me. One said, “I like you because you have a flat stomach” (I was wearing a regular white t-shirt). He said this because many of the English girls there had little beer guts from drinking pints of lager every night at the pub. Every girl on my floor at the dorm did aerobics to work on their “lager bellies”. It was funny and weird.

(Wishing I could get complimented on a flat stomach now…. after two kids, it’s not going to happen).

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2007 4:07:43 PM
Author: door knob solitaire
Mandarine...anymore comments from your dad, I would have to remind him...that he was part of the recipe. Any flaws fall to him and your mother(forgive me if you were a chosen baby). I bet that will slow him down. Wouldn''t he be embarrased to learn all the other things that aren''t exactly the same on a female body? We were engineered...like he was obviously.

DKS

haha DKS, he doesn''t mean it in a bad way at all!....he is just into his "study the human body" phase from all the classes he has taken...and that''s how they teach the students how to sculpt the human body. Believe me, he points out all of his non-symmetric body parts! hehe

That''s so funny so many people get compliments on their eyebrows!. I would never tell a complete stranger out of the blue that they have great eye brows!. However, I do think I would comment on a great shopping cart like I.G has! haha

M~

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2007 4:15:29 PM
Author: aprilcait
Sorry if this is TMI!

Last year, I had my regular gyno appointment and, after the exam, my doctor is taking off her gloves and tells me I''m ''gynologically perfect'' (not in some weird way...just in a matter-of-fact tone). I think it was one of those it-came-out-wrong things (which I am definitely known for). I remember my thought process so clearly, though... the gyno says ''you''re gynologically perfect'', I think: ''Well, that''s good'' **pause, pause, pause** ''Huh?''

ROFLMAO! That is a weird compliment, but it just means you are healthy.

I had a colonoscopy a few years ago and the nurse brought my husband my file after it was over. On the file was a picture of the inside of my colon, and the nurse commented, "See, look at your wife''s pretty pink colon!" My husband promptly passed out. Seriously, he vaso vageled onto the floor! They insisted on sending him to the ER in an ambulance, even though he explained that "I do that sometimes." At the time I was a bit annoyed because *I* was supposed to be the patient, LOL! But now I look back and get such a giggle from it. I still laugh and tell him I can''t take him anywhere.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2007 4:15:29 PM
Author: aprilcait
Sorry if this is TMI!

Last year, I had my regular gyno appointment and, after the exam, my doctor is taking off her gloves and tells me I''m ''gynologically perfect'' (not in some weird way...just in a matter-of-fact tone). I think it was one of those it-came-out-wrong things (which I am definitely known for). I remember my thought process so clearly, though... the gyno says ''you''re gynologically perfect'', I think: ''Well, that''s good'' **pause, pause, pause** ''Huh?''
The last time I went I was told that I am "dainty" down there. lol

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
I once had a guy tell me I had "Nicer than average feet" (I was in flipflops). I was a little drunk at the time, so I was quite proud of myself when I quickly responded, "Better than average?? Of what demographic?? Old man feet? Little baby feet? Foot fetish worthy feet?? What kind of compliment was that?" I get a wee bit sassy after a few drinks...
11.gif
Somehow my vocabulary isn''t hindered. In fact, I think it improves, which is something else I remember being complimented on - my ability to spew gigantic words despite being intoxicated.
3.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mandarine, if the lower half of your face is anything like the top, you are lovely!

Tell your father to look at computer generated imagery that EXACTLY matches one side of a face so that the half is the mirror image. What results is someone who looks off, even slightly deformed. We are not perfectly symmetrical, true, but it is pleasing to the eye that way. I saw in some magazine where they took one side of a bunch of stars faces and using a computer generated a photo of them where the picture was of them, with both sides identical. It looked so weird you cannot imagine. It was not artistic or appealing in the least!

I have been told I have lovely feet, in specific high nicely arched feet with piano toes, which I guess are long toes that look like fingers, or that they are so long they could play the piano? I think foot fetish men have noticed this a lot, which is bizarre and a bit creepy.

AmantdeChat

Brilliant_Rock
All these strange compliments, makes you wonder what people are thinking?!!! It''s almost like they forgot the difference between their inside voice and outside voice!
6.gif
3.gif

The strangest "compliment" I received was from a guy who was commenting on my backside. He asked me what I fed it!
23.gif
Now what exactly does that mean? I really did not know how to respond, so I just smiled and moved away as quickly as possible.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been complimented and questioned on my eyebrows several times too. Once by a plastic surgeon who I was consulting about something else. Lots of questions about how I get that shape. I dunno-- they''re just like that.

Once I was wearing a cross necklace and a mentally challenged patient of mine (who knew my last name started with a "T") said "Ooooo, I like your "little T" necklace!" Not really a weird compliment but very cute.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mandarine; gorgeous eyes!

Hey Ind Girl, do you own your own basket????

treysar

Brilliant_Rock

This girl I worked with was trying to describe me on the phone to someone, and she said, “You know, the white girl with the big butt”.

And I was like, WHAT?

29.gif

So I said, "that wasn’t a very nice thing to say!!"

And she said, "that’s a compliment – where I’m from if you have no ass it means you’re poor."

Then she brought a guy in the room and said, “If I asked you who the white girl with the big butt is, would you know who I’m talking about?” and he looked at me and cracked a huge grin.

I was like UGH!!

After that they dubbed me T-lo!!

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/24/2007 2:47:39 PM
Author: treysar

This girl I worked with was trying to describe me on the phone to someone, and she said, “You know, the white girl with the big butt”.

And I was like, WHAT?

29.gif

So I said, ''that wasn’t a very nice thing to say!!''

And she said, ''that’s a compliment – where I’m from if you have no ass it means you’re poor.''

Then she brought a guy in the room and said, “If I asked you who the white girl with the big butt is, would you know who I’m talking about?” and he looked at me and cracked a huge grin.

I was like UGH!!

After that they dubbed me T-lo!!

lol I can identify. My first year in college, I was with some friends in the mall once, and a guy that I didn''t know (who apparently knew one of my friends) informed me, "You know for being a skinny white girl, you sure got a nice ghetto booty" I about died right there in the store.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
I am literally laughing out loud about the shopping carts and eyebrows. After I had knee surgery and was left with an ugly scar, I noticed people''s knees a lot. I don''t look at them so much anymore...but I did for about a year after the surgery. However, I never said to anyone, "heeeeeeeeeey! Nice knees!" Only in my head.

A woman said to me a few years ago, "your face is so nice and plump!" I said, "ummmm...I know...I gained weight." She tried to cover up by saying that it means I won''t have wrinkles when I get older. I don''t know about that. I''ve also gotten, "oh you''re so tiny you''re like a little kid!" Hmph.

Oh this one may be weird to other people...a few Asian people have complimented my eyelids. Just because I am also Asian and I have a tiny bit of an eyelid fold. Most Asian people don''t have the visible fold in their eyelids.

Haha...and a friend said to me a few days ago, "you have such smooth armpits!" Most Asian people just don''t have a lot of hair!

Well, that was not as fun as the slick shopping carts...but that''s my contribution.
41.gif

fisiogrl

Shiny_Rock
How about "you kids turned out pretty well, considering".....?

Considering what? Our poor upbringing?

This comment was from my grandmother. My family has laughed about it now for years and have tried to decipher what she meant. We will never know, so some of our stories are probably funnier than the truth.

The truth is probably that she figured my mum doing a lousy job raising us! Yup, they never did get along...
1.gif

Oh yeah, and I have the kinda unkept ''Brooke sheilds'' kinda brows - so I have also had some weird compliments....!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
When I first moved to Italy in 95 it took a while to get used to men hooting cars at me and shouting comments, but I understood it was generally complimentary.

Then one day I was walking back to the office after lunch and this guy says to me "Complimenti alla mama" - which means Compliments to your Mother.

I was really offended because that day I was wearing a summer shift dress that I had made myself. I thought I'd done a pretty good job - Calvin Klein pattern, gorgeous fabric, silk lined, hidden zip...the lot. I presumed that he was actually insulting my wardrobe and insinuating that my dress was so bad that my mother obviously made it.

I explained to the girls in the office how rude this man had been and they all started laughing. Then one explained it was compliments to my mother for making me not the dress! I felt such a fool...

The absolute weirdest one ever was at my cousin's wedding. Her husband is Roman Catholic and attended the famous RC public school here, Ampleforth College, which is run by monks. The former headmaster who is a Benedictine monk and nearly 70 did a joint wedding with the local Anglican vicar.

Later, at the end of the reception dinner he came over to my table and tapped me on the shoulder, then in front of the whole table he says "I have to leave now, but I just wanted to tell you that you are very beautiful." and then he walked off. It wasn't said in a creepy way, but I was so embarrassed - first because the bride is meant to be the star of the show on her wedding day, I hadn't ever even spoken to him before and also I didn't know anyone else on my table. Luckily the guy sitting next to me turned to everyone and said "wasn't that a lovely thing to say to a girl" and kind of broke the shocked silence!

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I get complemented on my eyebrows a lot too. I have very dark hair and very pale skin and they are noticable. The funny thing is I am so incompetent with a tweezer that I get them done every three weeks. I don''t even think about them or ever shape them myself. Once every 3 weeks I visit what my husband calls my eyebrow lady and then done.

There is one "complement" I hate and always feel like, geez, thanks uhhh.

I use to be really fit and thin. Super thin but yet fit too. I was a long distance runner. Anyhow, I now have 4 kids and lets just say I''m much heavier than I use to be. Not huge but kinda chunky and now happy with my body. but I''m working on it now!

Anyhow, several times when people find out I have 4 kids. I hear this:

"Wow, for having 4 kids, you look great". So waht they are saying is I look good for having a ''mom body??'' It reminds me of that old Saturday night live fake commercial for the mom jeans. anyone every see that, its really funny.

What I''m working for is not to look great for 4 kids. But to look great period!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results