shape
carat
color
clarity

Very Weird Compliments Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Whenever I do my groceries, I stroll down the street to the store with my shopping cart, which admittedly is sleeker than the average shopping cart but, people, it is still A SHOPPING CART.

Every time I do my groceries, at least one person, often more, stops me on the street and says 'What a great shopping cart!'

Uh. Thanks. Glad you like my... shopping cart?

I find this totally bizarre.

Anyone else have something totally weird like this that they are always getting compliments on?
25.gif

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
"Ahhh surfgirl, you are looking TOO Fat!" *slaps surfgirl''s ass*

Yes, this happened to me when I lived in Africa. It is a sign of health and wealth that one is fat, and all my friends always said "its a compliment!" but...I always contended that it DID mean I was larger, and therefore, not a compliment to me...I never got over hearing that.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
That is HORRIBLE. My mom and dad lived in Africa for a good while and I've heard similar stories.

ETA: I admit the way you told it made me laugh... Especially the a&& slap.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think this counts as what you intended this thread to be...but I was in line yesterday at the grocery store...and this man kept looking at my feet! I was wearing a dressy flip flops, nice, but not enough to garner this type of oogling. I did just have a ped, and the polish was shiny. This wasnt'' that...this jerk was a toe nut! Eeeuuu. I shoved my basket inbetween us, and he purposely stood out of line to keep them in his sight! So I turned my heals to him. I was never so glad to get rid of an admirer. That was weird and creepy, to say the least.

DKS...I wear boots now, with metal spike toe guards.

I have never had a cart complimented, you must be very proud! When you say shopping cart, is this something you take along with you? Here in America, carts are supplied at the stores, so in reading your post, all Carts are the same. There are some that walk from a near apartment or bus and have wheeled carts to transport what they bought back home. Is this what you are referring to?

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Yup. What I have is what is known, I believe, as a 'granny cart'.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Apparently your Granny cart is one fine ride! I bet you have it all tricked out with chrome rims and low profile tires...well, you had to have done something to it! You need to contact the company and find out if they have a commision to offer...sell those babies!

DKS

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
When I was growing up, I''d get compliments about my great "roman" nose. Yeah, there''s a bump at the bridge. :) Since I always felt more Clingon than Roman, this didn''t help alleviate any concerns! Annnnd... not one bit of roman/greek blood. I''m half hispanic! My nose is still the feature I''m most sensitive about, and even now people comment on it. It''s weird, the only person in my family with my nose is my brother- the whereabouts are unknown!

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve had more than a few women look at my chest and say things like ''aren''t you lucky'', ''wish I had those'', ''bet you''re glad you didn''t have to pay for those'' and so on. Quite hoestly, if I could give half of it away to others I would. I''m a 36J and would LOVE the chance to buy bras in a regular store, instead of special ordering the freak sizes online for $60-$80.

Of course I get the lingering eye from men passing by too.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
IG, I''m glad I made you laugh with that story. The thing I forgot to mention was that it was being said by my African landlady, who weighed at least 250...So it always perplexed me that the fatter women would say that to me. And yes, the booty slap was part of the compliment everytime. I felt like a horse!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
There was a guy when I was in school who I was helping to do something... and he told me I had an "effervescent personality"... he was creepy. And it was a strange compliment. But it was the way he said it too. Ick.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Haha, my mom gets compliments on her shopping cart too.
9.gif
We both find it a bit bizarre.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
hahaha, some of these are too funny!.

I tink the most out of place compliment I got was one time I was GROCERY shopping, I think just wearing gym clothes, nothing special...anyway, I''m walking down one of the asiled and a guy is walking towards me and just stares at me....he finally says "wow, you have GREAT eyebrows!"

I was like...huh?...thanks...I guess. Just unexpected...and while I do keep my eyebrows shaped, I don''t go anywhere to get them done...they''re not like stop at the store because you have to say something kind of eyebrows!.

M~

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
The eyebrow thing is toooo funny. He had to have just seen the Seinfeld episode....

Elaine sets George up with a friend and one of her selling points she came up with was the girls eyebrows..."Women kill for eyebrows like hers...they pluck every hair out and draw them back in just like....Ugh huh...incredible eyebrows!"

Well that is the way I remember the line anyway. A man complimenting eyebrows...WOW. They must be spectacular!!!

DKS

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was in the grocery store late one night and the guy in front of me saw my pedicure and said, ''I just love your toes. I wish my girlfriend would take better care of her feet and get them done like that.'' I said thanks but he just kept...going.

Just...kinda...seemed....weird. Like fetish weird.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
They are just eyebrows....which don't exactly even match! hahaha.

My dad actually said this to me out of the blue last Christmas (he is into sculpturing so now he always finds every detail in you that is not symmetric!!)...he said "did you know your eyebrows don't match?". I was like....hmmm...no, I didn't know!!!!!....then I went to the mirror but was unable to fix them, so they still don't match...hahaha

As you will see....

ETA: Well, now that I think back to what my dad said and I see my picture focusing only in the eyebrow area I just realized something, maybe it wasn't a compliment what the guy in store said...maybe he was just making fun of my non-matchy eyebrows!!!!!
26.gif

eyebrows.JPG

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s impossible to get eyebrows to match! The hair grows in different directions in the inner corner above each eye. I have studied this on many people..after seeing mine were never identical.
2.gif

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
I once had a woman tell me that I had very nice nostrils. Not a nice nose (which was clarified for me), but very nice nostrils. I just thought that was so odd.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
hahaha that is really funny parrot tulips!.

After my younger sister met my FI, she said he had really nice nail "beds". I was like 'what??'...she was like, yeah, for a man, he has nice nail beds!.

I would have never thought of that...although he does have nice hands.....when I first met him I had my eye on other body parts though
11.gif

hehe

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
When I lived in Korea a woman walked over to me and said she noticed my nose from accross the room ( !?). Then she went on to say it was an interesting nose. But she didn''t say much else about it. I wasn''t sure what to think of that one. I do have a bump, I guess most people in Korea have straighter noses or something.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Mandarine-your eyebrows are prefect and Natural!!! They frame your eyes which are beautiful. I think the guy was befooned and it just came out eyebrow. No womans brows are identical, unless she draws them on...or plucks them to nothingness.

I hope this doesn''t strike anyones main artery here (I have quite a knack for that)...but you know about 6 or more years ago the in look was thin thin brows...dark lipliner.... (FORGIVE me if I am stepping on toes here...) it is possible that that guys squeeze still has those thin ribbons of hair for eyebrows. I see them every once in awhile and wonder what were women thinking? Anyone on this board, take this personal...GET RID OF THE RIBBONS OF EYEBROWS!!! Yes. .. I mean you who are reading this post!! My sils eyebrows actually appear to be parenthesis. Just like the keyboard over the numberals 9 and 0. They are exactly over her eyes, she plucks them to nothing. So she has a constant expression on her face...
32.gif
that is not attractive. So...it is possible that your eyes just knocked his socks off and the brow is why they did!
31.gif

Just a thought. And to add...If I had eyes, brows and coloring like yours...I would be confident beyond measure. Don''t change a thing!! (I am a little worried about your nose and mouth though. It must be terrible because you cropped them out! Oh well, we can''t have everything!! Just kidding!)

DKS

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2007 1:01:31 PM
Author: Mandarine

I tink the most out of place compliment I got was one time I was GROCERY shopping, I think just wearing gym clothes, nothing special...anyway, I''m walking down one of the asiled and a guy is walking towards me and just stares at me....he finally says ''wow, you have GREAT eyebrows!''

I was like...huh?...thanks...I guess. Just unexpected...and while I do keep my eyebrows shaped, I don''t go anywhere to get them done...they''re not like stop at the store because you have to say something kind of eyebrows!.

M~

Me too!!! I actually get complimented on my eyebrows ALL THE TIME. It is so weird...

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
hahaha DKS, thanks for the compliments!
5.gif

Back in high school, I had a friend that plucked her eyebrows so much at the center that the space between them was HUGE, her eyebrows started like in the middle of her eyes...somehow she liked this and at the same time was obsessed with Winnie the Pooh (a whole other story! haha)....well, her eyebrows looked excatly like Winnie The Pooh! it was too funny!...hahaha....since then she has outgrown that stage and has normal eyebrows! hehe.

I cropped the rest of my facet because I wanted to focus in the area being discussed!
2.gif
hehe ....we can talk another day about the other comment my dad said on that same trip: my lips are slightly longer on one side of my face than the other! haha, gotta love this Mr. Engineer turned Artits/Sculpturer!!

I love all the weird compliments! Great thread I.G!!!!

M~

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2007 3:17:41 PM
Author: neatfreak

Date: 5/22/2007 1:01:31 PM
Author: Mandarine

I tink the most out of place compliment I got was one time I was GROCERY shopping, I think just wearing gym clothes, nothing special...anyway, I''m walking down one of the asiled and a guy is walking towards me and just stares at me....he finally says ''wow, you have GREAT eyebrows!''

M~

Me too!!! I actually get complimented on my eyebrows ALL THE TIME. It is so weird...
All the time!!!!?.....wow!!, I got one and thought it was weird!. I mean, between friends or whatever we do comment on eyebrows, but coming from a complete stranger is just the funniest thing!

Now let''s see your eyebrows!
2.gif

Innerkitten - that is so funny about having an "interesting nose"...hehe

M~

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Mandarine...anymore comments from your dad, I would have to remind him...that he was part of the recipe. Any flaws fall to him and your mother(forgive me if you were a chosen baby). I bet that will slow him down. Wouldn''t he be embarrased to learn all the other things that aren''t exactly the same on a female body? We were engineered...like he was obviously.

DKS

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I just had to tell you what an ex-co-worker said to me. I am oriental, born and raised in the U.S. So my attitude is very western. Lots of people think I''m mixed.

Anyhow, I always had a pretty full bum. Let''s just say I can give J-lo a run for her money. One day she kept looking at my backside. I knew right away what she was looking at. I replied, "Yeah, I know...too much..." She said "Wow, you got BIG butt...you do good in my country..." I don''t want to say where she is from, but WHAT?!* This just left me speechless.

aprilcait

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry if this is TMI!

Last year, I had my regular gyno appointment and, after the exam, my doctor is taking off her gloves and tells me I''m "gynologically perfect" (not in some weird way...just in a matter-of-fact tone). I think it was one of those it-came-out-wrong things (which I am definitely known for). I remember my thought process so clearly, though... the gyno says "you''re gynologically perfect", I think: "Well, that''s good" **pause, pause, pause** "Huh?"

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got complimented on my eyebrows once but I always wondered if she meant my eyeLASHES. English wasn''t her first languge and they seem like the kinds of words you could easily mix up, but now with all this other eyebrow complimementing going on I''m wondering...

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Everytime I see my Northern VA hairstylist, he starts gushing about my eyebrows and asks me who does them. All I do is pluck a few stray hairs, and I don''t think they''re that amazing.
33.gif

I never notice eyebrows unless they really need to be shaped or they''ve been shaped way too much.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2007 4:15:29 PM
Author: aprilcait
Sorry if this is TMI!

Last year, I had my regular gyno appointment and, after the exam, my doctor is taking off her gloves and tells me I'm 'gynologically perfect' (not in some weird way...just in a matter-of-fact tone). I think it was one of those it-came-out-wrong things (which I am definitely known for). I remember my thought process so clearly, though... the gyno says 'you're gynologically perfect', I think: 'Well, that's good' **pause, pause, pause** 'Huh?'

OMG! ROFLMAO!

I don't know what I would say to that!!!
23.gif

I've been complimented on my brows before too. Weird, but it appears to be a phenomenon.

DKS-- I once went in to have mine waxed and the woman gave me PERFECT commas. It was AWFUL. And just before we attended a wedding too!

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/22/2007 3:07:04 PM
Author: door knob solitaire
Mandarine-your eyebrows are prefect and Natural!!! They frame your eyes which are beautiful. I think the guy was befooned and it just came out eyebrow. No womans brows are identical, unless she draws them on...or plucks them to nothingness.

I hope this doesn''t strike anyones main artery here (I have quite a knack for that)...but you know about 6 or more years ago the in look was thin thin brows...dark lipliner.... (FORGIVE me if I am stepping on toes here...) it is possible that that guys squeeze still has those thin ribbons of hair for eyebrows. I see them every once in awhile and wonder what were women thinking? Anyone on this board, take this personal...GET RID OF THE RIBBONS OF EYEBROWS!!! Yes. .. I mean you who are reading this post!! My sils eyebrows actually appear to be parenthesis. Just like the keyboard over the numberals 9 and 0. They are exactly over her eyes, she plucks them to nothing. So she has a constant expression on her face...
32.gif
that is not attractive. So...it is possible that your eyes just knocked his socks off and the brow is why they did!
31.gif

Just a thought. And to add...If I had eyes, brows and coloring like yours...I would be confident beyond measure. Don''t change a thing!! (I am a little worried about your nose and mouth though. It must be terrible because you cropped them out! Oh well, we can''t have everything!! Just kidding!)

DKS
I get the eyebrow thing from random people as well, and I''m always like...thaaaaaaaaaaankkkksss.... haha. I try to keep mine pretty thin and arched and need to groom them every day almost, so it''s nice to hear it''s worth it haha.

It''s wierd when strangers, or people you just met compliment you on something random like that.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results