shape
carat
color
clarity

Very unique 14k Cloisonne Painted Marble Pendant

Cbass24

Rough_Rock
fb_img_1473714523772.jpg

I am looking for any information possible on this very unique pendant. Appears to be similar to cloisonne painted marble set in unmarked 14k gold, seems to be set up as a pendant but I suppose it could be anything. I would appreciate any advice from this well informed community, thasks, Josh

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't help much as I've never seen anything like that! But - as you try to figure out what it is, the term "cloisonne" probably isn't going to help you. Cloisonne involves melting an enamel or glass into areas defined by thin wires - which doesn't seem to be the case here. It also doesn't look like the gold is melted into an area pressed or incised into the stone surface (champleve). The gold decoration in this case was probably painted or gilded (gilt) onto the surface of the stone, so you might try those terms as you search for examples of similar work.

BTW I wasn't able to find any similar jewelry, but I did find this lamp, which seems to have a similar applied gold design and was described as "Hollywood Regency Italian Glass Table Lamp"

lamp1.jpg

Good luck!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results