shape
carat
color
clarity

Very thin girdle a nono?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
last bump

karenleah15

Shiny_Rock
I think you shouldn''t stress too much about the girdle. Just carry insurance that covers loss, theft, and damage. The worst thing that can happen with a thin girdle is that the diamond could one day chip if it gets a hard blow. But.....any diamond can chip if that happens, Just ask Laney. My diamond has a very thin to slightly thick girdle. I thought about not getting it because of the very thin part, but I did get it because it is a beautiful diamond. I love it.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know you are correct about the insurance issue.

I was just trying to learn if the girdle width would be the same on a half carat with the look of the 3D model which Garry Holloway posted?

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To the left and right of the very thin part on the previous scan where the girdle slopes up and down from it, would this be another grade since the rest of the girdle is very thick would it go thick, medium, thin, very thin, thin, medium, thick, very thick? What I mean is it does not just go Very Thick then Very Thin.

karenleah15

Shiny_Rock
That I do not know the answer to. Sorry.
33.gif

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Karen.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Could one of the experts here answer my question about the diagram and how to convert the girdle width on a half carat diamond from this?

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
anybody?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results