shape
carat
color
clarity

Very Strong Blue Fluorescence

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Melibk

Shiny_Rock
We just bought my engagement ring yesterday. It is beautiful but I have one problem with it. It is completely white inside, and clear, but when I take it into direct sunlight, it gets a purple tone to it. In shady sun it doesn''t do this. I am worried that we may have been misled by the jeweler. He only said it would turn blue in black light.

Does this make our diamond not a good purchase? I really need advice. I have not slept for two nights!! I am not even sure if I dislike the purple color in the sun, but I have never seen this before.

Any advice.

It is a princess cut 1carat. H color VS2
20.gif

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If it will you feel better..., some prefer this.
In sunlight, it could even look like a million Dollar "Fancy Blue".

Back in the 50''s to 70''s, these diamonds were considered the most sought ones, they were nick-named "Blue-White", and people paid hefty premiums for them.

Enjoy this Phenomenal...

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Melibk,

I have a ring that has blue fluorescence. It is in my 20th anniversary ring. I LOVE it. It turns in a black light but also in the sunlight. I consider it to be very special.

Linda

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A lot of us here would love for our diamonds to have that talent. I would definitely not give it up!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
just because it turns purplish doesn't mean it's very strong flour. you can even see it in stones graded "medium."

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Mine has faint blue floro and it turns violet in sunlight. I love it!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2006 2:00:04 PM
Author:Melibk
We just bought my engagement ring yesterday. It is beautiful but I have one problem with it. It is completely white inside, and clear, but when I take it into direct sunlight, it gets a purple tone to it. In shady sun it doesn''t do this. I am worried that we may have been misled by the jeweler. He only said it would turn blue in black light.

Does this make our diamond not a good purchase? I really need advice. I have not slept for two nights!! I am not even sure if I dislike the purple color in the sun, but I have never seen this before.

Any advice.

It is a princess cut 1carat. H color VS2
20.gif

Oh I''m so jealous!!! I would LOVE a stone that did that!!!

:)

Brilliant_Rock
I was not sure about blue fluoro until I saw the beautiful photos of it on this website - it is actually quite pretty - and you never have to wonder if someone slipped a CZ into your setting when you weren''t looking!
face1.gif

:)

Brilliant_Rock
p.s. Some even say it will make the H look even whiter!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
My pet rock is a D with medium blue fluor, and it has a slight violet hue in direct sunlight. I personally adore this quality.

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
another fluor fan - can you post pictures?

Melibk

Shiny_Rock
I know a lot of people seem to like this quality, but I am frustrated because this is my first major ring purchase, as well as my engagement ring. I just wanted a regular diamond that looked sparkly in the sun. I feel that it would bother me to have this forever. I would understand liking it on a regular ring, but for a ring you wear forever? Advice????? HElp

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/29/2006 10:24:28 AM
Author: Melibk
I know a lot of people seem to like this quality, but I am frustrated because this is my first major ring purchase, as well as my engagement ring. I just wanted a regular diamond that looked sparkly in the sun. I feel that it would bother me to have this forever. I would understand liking it on a regular ring, but for a ring you wear forever? Advice????? HElp

If the flourescence is spoiling what for you is an important part of your pleasure in your diamond's personality - that is the bright, white sparkle in sunlight, then maybe it might be best to change it. With the strong blue it probably won't ever look the way you want it to in sunlight, so see about getting a replacement.

I have faint in my diamond which glows violet, personally I love it
30.gif
, but your ring is too important to feel disappointed in, if you have the time to exchange the diamond, maybe give it some time to see if it grows on you, but if you live in a sunny, warm place then you will be seeing a lot of your flourescent "friend" so make sure you can either live with it or like it. Just in my experience, if you do replace it, maybe look for a diamond with negligible flourescence as it seems some of is 'faint' ladies are pretty good at detecting and enjoying our 'faint ' effects, but of course take each diamond as an individual, plus your own perception.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2006 10:24:28 AM
Author: Melibk
My diamond with flourescence is my e-ring. For me, I do not view my ring in sunlight all that often anyway so the vast majority of the time it just looks white. I don't think a ring needs to be something other than an e-ring to look great with flourescence. But if you geniunely do not like it than I would find something else.

Does the cert. for your diamond say strong blue or are you just calling it that?

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
If it really bothers you & you can''t get over it mentally, then return it. However, more than likely your H w/ strong blue will appear whiter face up than an H w/o the blue - especially in a square stone. Something to consider.

JMHO - I wouldn''t buy a stone that did NOT have blue fluor.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All diamonds "go dark" in direct sunlight, anyway. It doesn''t affect the sparkle.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results