shape
carat
color
clarity

Very Strong Blue Fluorescence

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
I've tried searching for PS for old topics on Fluorescence and came up empty handed-so I was wondering if anyone has any photos of stones with very strong blue fluor and wouldn't mind posting them :) Thanks

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hey, StepCutNut! I adore fluorescence, and I remember there being a ton of threads about it. With the search engine as wonky as it is these days, I just use Google and add "PriceScope" to any search I want to run - it gets pretty good results.

The wiki page has a pretty good selection of old conversations: for pics, the "Do Not Fear Very Strong Blue Fluorescence" one is probably the best. Here's the link: https://www.pricescope.com/wiki/diamonds/diamond-flourescence

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Circe!!!! I am a little frustrated with the new search engine!

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I find strong blue fluorescence an attribute which creates special interest in a ring on occasion. I wear such a ring on a daily basis and I like the purplish blue haze that overwhelms the stone on bright, sunny days. Not everyone would agree or like this effect. Strong fluorescence is a negative if you ever wish to liquidate a diamond, but only if you have a major rock, well above 1.00ct would there be major consequences simply due to the relatively lesser value of smaller diamonds to larger, more costly, rocks. In important diamonds of 3 carats and higher, dealers have a lot less desire to buy strongly fluorescent diamonds than ones without such a characteristic. They like to have inventory which is not controversial and more prone to bickering about the asking price. Keeping it simple works for them, but it is hardly the entire story. Of course, dealers sell strongly fluorescent diamonds because they often have a price advantage and still look very, very lovely. Between dealers, however, there is a definite hesitation to own such stones if another without strong UV reaction can be bought in competition for inventory.

My wife has a non-fluorescent center diamond and two matched strong blue fluorsescent side stones in her daily engagement ring. She seems to enjoy the effect the fluorescence brings although if I had not pointed it out to here she might niot have ever mentioned it or noticed.

Just keep in mind that strong fluorescence probably will have some visible effect on appearance in certain lighting conditions and you can't finish your shopping until you see how such a diamond looks when UV is in the room lighting.

I hope this provides a balanced perspective for those considering such stones.

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
My center stone in my e ring is a strong flour E color ring. No milkiness, only clear, colorless bright white in norm lighting and bright blue white in the sun. I absolutely ADORE it and wouldn't have anything else!

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade

TotalNewbie

Shiny_Rock
Oops, I just realized Circe posted the link on my thread on fluorescence, and I later posted the same link. Sorry about the oversight, and I hope you found the photos that you're looking for!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results