shape
carat
color
clarity

Very sorry to bug everyone...But whats your opinion on these 3?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Euro_Addict

Rough_Rock
1st one and the one im leaning towards
Price:
$4,199.00

Report:
AGS

Shape:
A Cut Above H&A

Carat:

Color:
H

Clarity:
IF

Depth:

Table:

Crown Angle:

Crown %:

Pavilion Angle:

Pavilion %:

Girdle:
0.7% to 1.1%

Polish:
Ideal

Symmetry:
Ideal

Culet:
Pointed

Fluorescence:
Negligible

Measurements:
6.09-6.11X3.71

2nd one
Price:
$4,093.00

Report:
AGS

Shape:
A Cut Above H&A

Carat:

Color:
H

Clarity:
VVS1

Depth:

Table:

Crown Angle:

Crown %:

Pavilion Angle:

Pavilion %:

Girdle:
Faceted 1.0% to 1.5%

Polish:
Ideal

Symmetry:
Ideal

Culet:
Pointed

Fluorescence:
Negligible

Measurements:
6.03-6.07X3.67
3rd one
Price:
$4,985.00

Report:
AGS

Shape:
A Cut Above H&A

Carat:

Color:
H

Clarity:
VS2

Depth:

Table:

Crown Angle:

Crown %:

Pavilion Angle:

Pavilion %:

Girdle:
Faceted 1.0% to 1.6%

Polish:
Ideal

Symmetry:
Ideal

Culet:
Pointed

Fluorescence:
Negligible

Measurements:
6.28-6.31X3.81

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I'd go with #3. I personally feel that paying for IF or VVS clarity is overpaying for clarity that won't make a difference to the naked eye.

I'd choose the larger stone....you won't see the difference between the IF/VVS and the VS, but you WILL see the difference in the larger size.

Euro_Addict

Rough_Rock
is there big diff to naked eye of .82 and .89? $800 diff?
1.gif
not trying to be cheap by no means but i think this is a pretty decent amount to be spending on the diamond alone, plus getting the plantinum band / setting...I cant go wrong with that choice 1 correct?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For such a small weight range, the depth of the cut determines size (= surface face- up)... A diameter differnce below 0.1mm is all but invisible even with stones side by side. It would take about half a milimeter of diameter diference for weight difference to matter to me (where "to me" is key
2.gif
)

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry......I obviously misunderstood.

Because you posted 3 diamonds, I assumed you were asking for others' opinions on *which* of the three they would choose. Hence my reply - I would choose #3. All of them, however, are nice diamonds.

I will disagree about the size comments....there is a HUGE visual difference between a 6.11 diamond and a 6.28mm diamond. I tried on both sizes during my search. The 6.11 seemed adequate, but not notable....the 6.28mm began to look "notable".

Also, most 1 ct. maul stones run in the 6.25mm diameter range, and the .89 stone measure 6.28.....so it will look comparable to others' 1 ct. stones. The .81 stone won't do that.

Also, yes....there is a difference of $800.....but I'd argue that it's a better value for the dollars because the money you're paying isn't for an inflated clarity. On stone 1, you're paying a HUGE premium for the IF clarity. The clarity is overkill in this instance....it's like putting $2000 tires on a car that's only worth $5000. It's not how much each stone is....it's what you're getting for your dollars.

Having said all of that.......it sounds like your question was meant to be "Is stone #1 a nice stone"......and the answer is yes. Stone #1 seems to be a fine pick, too.

Euro_Addict

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 3/2/2004 3:13:51 PM valeria101 wrote:

For such a small weight range, the depth of the cut determines size (= surface face- up)... A diameter differnce below 0.1mm is all but invisible even with stones side by side. It would take about half a milimeter of diameter diference for weight difference to matter to me (where 'to me' is key
2.gif
)----------------

ok all that ^^^ is greek to me lol..maybe u typed fast and i just didnt follow along with what your saying..if everything goes right i will be deciding b/w the 2 tomorow afternoon...thinking the 1st one b/c of price and clarity etc...thanks for inputs guys
3.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't speek Greek either
2.gif

you may want to note this quick one: all clarity grades above SI2 are eye clean - no difference visible among them except for price ! So? An IF stone is priced high for something you cannot see... If this is a good deal, I do not understand it
15.gif

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I agree, stone #3 is 9% bigger than stone #1. Yes, stone #1 is cheaper, but smaller, and both will be eye-clean.

If I had the choice between a bigger stone and better clarity (when both are eye-clean), I would want the bigger stone.

WhiteFlash does not have any other ACA stones in this range that I saw, but they did have the following:

1.00 I SI1 AGS0

1.01 H SI1 AGS0

Both these stones have idealscopes, so you can see that they have good light return and symmetry. However, the ACA is a great stone, so you can't go wrong!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 3/2/2004 6:24:43 PM phoenixgirl wrote:

WhiteFlash does not have any other ACA stones in this range that I saw, but they did have the following:

1.00 I SI1 AGS0

1.01 H SI1 AGS0

----------------

HOLY COW - these are BEAUTIFUL finds! Outrageously NICE stones for the money.

Heck, PG, I should have had you helping ME shop a few months ago - hehehehe.

I'd take EITHER of these two stones - the IS images are incredible!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I know, that I SI1 is basically my dream stone . . . perfect combination of color and clarity for white eye-clean without paying through the nose, and a non-branded stone that sure looks like a H&A to me. Yummy. And for less than $4k, a glorious 1 carat diamond.

angela

Rough_Rock
Glad you like it (the I SI1), because it's sitting on my desk beside me right now, just waiting for the goldsmith to finish a custom design to go with it! It is an absolutely gorgeous stone, and I can't wait to post pics of the finished product! I feel like all of the months of research paid off fabulously!

Sorry Euro_Addict, can't have it, it's my precious!!!

Euro_Addict

Rough_Rock
For some reason i cant see myself buyign a Si clarity stone...gf doesnt care about size (of diamond hehe) anyway, i wanna get her best clarity etc ic an afford b/c i will know what the clarity etc are since i bought it..even though u cant tell by the naked i , i will just know in my heart what it is...

angela

Rough_Rock
Understood... I felt strange about it until I went to a number of different jewelers to look at different stones of different levels. We decided on this stone because, as Brian from WF put it, it was the "biggest bang for the buck" and I DID care about the size and wanted to get the biggest we could for the $$ and still have a quality stone. The ACA's they have are fabulous, and I'm sure you will find a dazzling sparkler that will suit your needs!

From my (however limited) experience, the folks on PS and at WF won't steer you wrong.

Best of luck with your purchase, I know it's tough!
1.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 3/2/2004 8:35:36 PM Euro_Addict wrote:

For some reason i cant see myself buyign a Si clarity stone...gf doesnt care about size (of diamond hehe) anyway, i wanna get her best clarity etc ic an afford b/c i will know what the clarity etc are since i bought it..even though u cant tell by the naked i , i will just know in my heart what it is...
----------------

Certainly, Euro, I support anyone's right to choose what appeals to them.

I feel compelled to reply to the comment "I'll know in my heart what it is"........what exactly IS it? This seems to suggest that SI stones are viewed as "lesser" stones or "also rans"....and nothing can be further from the truth! In fact, even IF diamonds may have inclusions....the inclusion gradings only denote how visible inclusions are under 10x magnification. Turn it up to 30x or 70x, and they may be inclusions in even IF diamonds. Does knowing that now make IF diamonds less "quality"?

It doesn't necessarily mean the stone is of lesser quality if it's an SI instead of a VS......VS simply means the inclusions aren't as readily seen under 10x magnification, and SI1 are marginally easier to see under 10x magnification. Turn both up to 70x magnification, and I'm sure they both look awful!

9.gif
hehehehe

You should also remember that grading is NOT an exact science. It's possible that a strict lab may assign a grading of SI1 to a stone that many appraisers would rate as a VS. If you bought a VS stone and an appraiser thought it should be an SI1, would you now dislike the stone just because it's an SI?

Your call, of course, but dismissing SI diamonds out of hand means you may be passing on some truly gorgeous quality stones just because of a "label".

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results