shape
carat
color
clarity

Very paranoid about my recent purchase!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
So I ordered a .76 ct diamond with the idea of upgrading it in maybe 5 years. Then seeing all the post about diamond price going up I figured maybe just use the cash laying around and get the 1ct so I don't have to upgrade in the future and pay 40% more for it. (The same day I saw those posts, had the idea, I found a diamond and purchased it instead of the .76ct one) that was about a little less than 2 weeks ago. (ring is still in process, so I don't have the stone yet)

Now I search left and right, to me all the diamonds around the same specs are priced alot higher than the one I bought. I don't believe diamond price can go up that much in less than 2 weeks so I'm all paranoid and wonder if there is anything wrong with the diamond that I bought. I tried to learn as much as I can from this forum but I'm still very new at this and this is my first diamond. So I don't know anything about reading the numbers or the images.

I called and chat with few people from the place and they all insured me that it is eye clean. Am I just overly worried? Did I really get a good deal or is there something wrong??? Grrrrrrrrrrrr !!!!!!! :errrr:

Here is the link for the stone and I paid little less than $7000 after PS & Wire Discounts
http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/D-SI1-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1195055.asp?b=16&a=12&c=77&cid=131

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I don't see anything wrong with the stone, and if it is not eye-clean to your specs, you can always return it!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
looks like a nice stone if eye clean.i love the specs.. :love:

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Slightly older report, probably a trade in stone. That could account for the lower price.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you were very wise to go ahead and get the stone you wanted. I think the stone looks great, but examine it carefully and if you aren't happy with the clarity, just return it as someone already said!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Prices have gone through the roof recently - you were probably smart to buy what you did when you did.

The stone looks beautiful and a D color to boot! As has been stated, if you don't like it you can return it. You can't lose on this one!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all for your replies. That really eased my mind quite a bit~ :bigsmile:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm glad - be sure to post many pictures in the SMTB forum when you get it.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Vendors will sometimes adjust prices in one day to account for percentage increases that occurred gradually over a period of weeks or even months -- it all depends on when they need to replenish their stock. Wink was noting in another thread that this happens, and someone else noted a similar single-day jump at GOG. So the price increase is not suprising, the vendors were just finally forced to increase their prices of existing stock to account for increases in prices for replacement stock.

Your selected stone looks very nice.

cardinal74

Rough_Rock
I recently purchased a stone from jamesallen.com as well, and it was also a good bit below "market price" for the specs of the stone. Having seen it in person, I was confident there were no hidden surprises.

As the owner explained to me, he's trying to win on volume. I suspect one way he's trying to get a leg up on his competition is by not adjusting the prices of his stones once they are in inventory. So, stones that have been available for a few months will be cheaper than stones he has recently purchased, and will lead to "this seems too good to be true" type of deals, especially during a period of pricing volatility like we're seeing now.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
thank you for that piece of information cardinal. that makes alot more sense to me now =)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results