shape
carat
color
clarity

Very non-blingy 10th Anniversary bling!

Discussion in 'Show Me the Bling! (Rings,Earrings,Jewelry)' started by Alex T, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Alex T
    Ideal_Rock

by Alex T » Sep 3, 2017
    This weekend was my 10th wedding anniversary. Yay for us & still as happy as ever! I have mooched around over the last 18 months regarding an anniversary ring, along the lines of a Tiffany shared prong eternity or similar. I have been back & forth countless times, scratching my head,, but ultimately what I want for my right hand is a stack of skinny Tiffany celebration rings. I love a stack, as most of you know, and my wedding ring set is complete at 3 rings on the left.

So husband & I discussed & tried on & started the process many months ago. And where I want to start, for my "Tin" Anniversary, is with a plain 2mm 18ct yummy yellow gold band - the plain gold is a tin upgrade! I have been itching to get this band on my naked finger & to start my celebration stack journey. I have skin that suits a warm yellow gold & I'm SO pleased with this ring, as my other jewellery is mostly platinum. It is heavy & substantial despite its narrowness. And I don't need to remove it - it was a bit like getting married all over again when he popped this on my finger yesterday. I have snapped a pic with my full eternity also, to give a visual idea of the future. I wear my eternity on my left hand, but down the line on my right I'd like a platinum channel set band in the mix, with a third & maybe 4th band in rose gold. IMG_20170902_142247277_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170902_142350407.jpg

So without further ado, I'd like to introduce my Tin Anniversary Tiffany Lucida band....
    Urgh! Excuse the veins! It was a bit hot in there!

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
  2. tlfiore
    Shiny_Rock

by tlfiore » Sep 3, 2017
    Alex...I love your new band! Congratulations on your 10th year of marriage. Your band is lovely...it is beautiful and I think the color suits you perfectly. I do not have any children or many "anniversaries" of sort, so it will be FUN to add on for special occasions and such, won't it? Band is lovely.

Alex T likes this.
  3. canuk-gal
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by canuk-gal » Sep 3, 2017
    HI:

Wonderful! :love: Happy Anniversary!:appl:

cheers--Sharon

Alex T likes this.
  4. Alex T
    Ideal_Rock

by Alex T » Sep 3, 2017
    Thank you! Yes, it's certainly going to be fun to add to over the coming years! We married soon after meeting & were pregnant with Number 1 on our first anniversary, pregnant with Number 2 on our 3rd anniversary, so upon her birth & our family being complete, husband surprised me with the full eternity ring. I went from no rings to 3 rings within only 3 years. It felt a lot! So actually, waiting until now to start a Celebration Stack has felt right. I have other rings for my right hand that he's bought over the years, but the Lucida feels special, almost like a vow renewal. It's so lovely & warm. A lot of the time I wear my Grandmothers original engagement ring from the 1930's on my right hand, which is 18ct & platinum, and the Lucida is a perfect match for the 1.5mm gold band on this ring. Heavenly!

AV_, Mamabean, valeria101 and 2 others like this.
  5. Alex T
    Ideal_Rock

by Alex T » Sep 3, 2017
    Thank you Sharon! X

6. Austina
    Ideal_Rock

by Austina » Sep 3, 2017
    Congratulations on your 10th, your band is simple and elegant, perfect for stacking.

FinleysMom and Alex T like this.
  7. Bluegemz
    Ideal_Rock

by Bluegemz » Sep 3, 2017
    What a great story, sentiment and ring. The gold just glows! It's a gem in itself...that color! Very happy for you!

Alex T likes this.
  8. Alex T
    Ideal_Rock

by Alex T » Sep 3, 2017
    Thank you! Plenty of room for stacking on here!

9. Alex T
    Ideal_Rock

by Alex T » Sep 3, 2017
    Thank you Bluegemz! My skin is tanned quite deeply at the moment (doesn't look it here!) after 3 weeks in the hot Cyprus sunshine with the family, and I have to say, the Lucida looks heaps better now than it did several weeks ago when we bought it. The buttery tone is mouth watering.

valeria101 and Bluegemz like this.
  10. foxinsox
    Ideal_Rock

by foxinsox » Sep 3, 2017
    Congratulations on your 10 years! your band is such a lovely rich warm gold and it's a beautiful base for stacking!

Alex T likes this.
  11. Alex T
    Ideal_Rock

by Alex T » Sep 3, 2017
    Thank you foxinsox!

12. Bonfire
    Ideal_Rock

by Bonfire » Sep 3, 2017
    Umm...buttery and rich yellow gold just kicks it up a notch doesn't it?! Looks so lux on your finger :love:
    Congratulations on your 10th Alex! :appl:

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
    AV_ and Alex T like this.
  13. MissGotRocks
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by MissGotRocks » Sep 3, 2017
    Congratulations on your anniversary! I love that band - something so special about a gold band to me. I am always taken by the pictures of Queen Elizabeth's platinum engagement ring paired with the Welsh gold band and this band reminds me of it. After 30+ years (his original was almost worn in two) we replaced my husband's band with the 4mm Lucida band - it is indeed beautiful! Best wishes for many more happy years and many more lovely rings - you are off to a fabulous start!

Alex T likes this.
  14. LLJsmom
    Ideal_Rock

by LLJsmom » Sep 3, 2017
    I love your gold band @Alex T . It's wonderful on you and Warm and seems so well suited to 10 years. Congratulations and hope you and your DH will have many more years to add to your stack.

Alex T likes this.
  15. sarahb
    Brilliant_Rock

by sarahb » Sep 3, 2017
    Congrats on your 10th! We are celebrating 25 today, enjoy the ride & have fun!! Love your band, it is gorgeous, & will make a substantial addition to your upcoming stack! Think of all those memories to come! :wavey:

Alex T likes this.
  16. thorstedswife
    Shiny_Rock

by thorstedswife » Sep 3, 2017
    Congrats :kiss2: what a lovely ring .

Alex T likes this.
  17. Alex T
    Ideal_Rock

by Alex T » Sep 4, 2017
    Thank you for your kind words everyone, and @sarahb congratulations on 25 years! That feels huge, but I bet you've got there in the blink of an eye! Enjoy your day & celebrate!

sarahb likes this.
  18. yennyfire
    Ideal_Rock

by yennyfire » Sep 4, 2017
    Congrats on your 10th anniversary! You certainly can't go wrong with an elegant gold band! Enjoy wearing it as a reminder of 10 happy years together!

Alex T likes this.
  19. soxfan
    Ideal_Rock

by soxfan » Sep 4, 2017
    I love it! I am a big fan of mixed metals. Congrats on 10 years! :appl::appl:

Alex T likes this.
  20. ILikeShiny
    Ideal_Rock

by ILikeShiny » Sep 4, 2017
    I love it, and the sentimentality behind it. Congratulations on your anniversary!!

Alex T likes this.
  21. Queenie60
    Ideal_Rock

by Queenie60 » Sep 5, 2017
    Very nice. Congratulations

Alex T likes this.
  22. RosieR
    Shiny_Rock

by RosieR » Sep 5, 2017
    Congratulations @Alex T ! It looks perfect with your diamond band =)2

Alex T likes this.
  23. missy
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by missy » Sep 5, 2017
    Happy 10 year anniversary Alex T!!!:appl:
    Love the gold band. Classic and timeless elegance. :love:

Alex T likes this.
  24. liaerfbv
    Brilliant_Rock

by liaerfbv » Sep 5, 2017
    I too bought a plain yg band this year, and it's one of my favorite pieces. I love it with your eternity. Happy anniversary.

Alex T likes this.
  25. december-fire
    Ideal_Rock

by december-fire » Sep 5, 2017
    Congratulations to you and your DH on your anniversary!
    Wishing you many more years of love, joy and laughter!

Your band is beautiful! I bet it makes you smile each time you look at it. =)2

Alex T likes this.
  26. PintoBean
    Ideal_Rock

by PintoBean » Sep 5, 2017
    Classy and beautiful! Happy anniversary!:appl:

Alex T likes this.
  27. junebug17
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by junebug17 » Sep 5, 2017
    I love it Alex!!! Timeless and elegant and the yg is yummy! Happy Anniversary!

Alex T likes this.
  28. PierreBear
    Brilliant_Rock

by PierreBear » Sep 5, 2017
    Happy Anniversary! Such a versatile ring and love the color against your skin tone. Cheers to many more years of a wonderful marriage!

Alex T likes this.
  29. Alex T
    Ideal_Rock

by Alex T » Sep 5, 2017
    Thank you everyone! It's been 4 days since the ring went on, and it hasn't come off yet. To be honest, I can't even feel it! But it's so yummy to look at :love:

valeria101 likes this.
  30. Acinom
    Ideal_Rock

by Acinom » Sep 6, 2017
    Congrats!!!
    Your ring is a classic. I like!!!

Alex T likes this.