shape
carat
color
clarity

Very nice little opal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gale

Shiny_Rock
This has been in my posession now for a while. It was a birthday present. It''s an N1 opal, with a stated brilliance of 4.5 (out of 5). Its 1.05 cts, 8.0 x 7.0 x 3.3 mm. It''s a fantastic little performer. I hope to have it set sometime this summer or fall.

m325.jpg

widget

Ideal_Rock
OMG!!!!
23.gif
It''s spectacular!!!
30.gif

Does it look like that IRL?? Where did you find it? How do you plan to mount it?

LOL questions, questions....

widget

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow, what an amazing stone!! If I never liked an opal before, that would make me fall in love :)
30.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is one jaw dropping opal. It has a wonderful play of colours.
30.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s just amazing!!!!
30.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW, I don''t think I have ever seen an opal with colors that bright before. It''s magnificent! Can we see some more pictures?

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That looks just outstanding!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
wowsers!
double kicken!

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!!!

Stunning.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wowza, look at those colors!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
I've never seen anything like that!
3.gif

I've always wondered why some opals are in a white stone and some in a black stone. I love the black best because the colors just "POP" right out of the stone.

I'm totally ignorant when it comes to knowing anything about opals, but my eyes are telling me that this is one special stone!
31.gif

Amazing!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
OoOOooOoh. It''s so pretty!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
looks like an opal should look! very very lovely!

movie zombie

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Gale!

Beautiful opal! What makes opals vary in color? I have an opal necklace and it''s white with little flecks of color. Why are some blue?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI Gale:

It is more beautiful than I remember...tell you what, send it to me and then maybe I can better help you with design suggestions!
2.gif
You should post your other beauties here too..........just sayin''
9.gif

cheers--Sharon

Gale

Shiny_Rock
Wow! What a response! It looks better than that in real life because it flashes. A lot. And it is great little flasher in all lighting conditions - dull, bright and artificial. It was purchased from aussietreasurechest.com. I have a couple more pics, but they are not ones I took. It''s currently resting in a safety deposit box along with other goodies waiting their turn to visit the jeweller.

To those who asked about opals, my knowledge is very sketchy, so I could not even tell you what they really are. Something to do with silicone and refraction of light, I think.

The search for an opal like this began many years ago, and the competition for it''s acquisition was fierce.

Sharon. Let''s make a deal. Your new earrings for my little stone. Good deal, eh?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/23/2007 4:20:35 AM
Author: Gale
Wow! What a response! It looks better than that in real life because it flashes. A lot. And it is great little flasher in all lighting conditions - dull, bright and artificial. It was purchased from aussietreasurechest.com. I have a couple more pics, but they are not ones I took. It''s currently resting in a safety deposit box along with other goodies waiting their turn to visit the jeweller.

To those who asked about opals, my knowledge is very sketchy, so I could not even tell you what they really are. Something to do with silicone and refraction of light, I think.

The search for an opal like this began many years ago, and the competition for it''s acquisition was fierce.

Sharon. Let''s make a deal. Your new earrings for my little stone. Good deal, eh?
HI:

No probelmmo---heheheheheee. I think your stone and my earrings both throw tremendous flashes of color.......

cheers--Sharon

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Gale that opal is just amazingly beautiful!!!

C Smith

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/22/2007 2:33:14 PM
Author: SuzyQZ
I''ve never seen anything like that!
3.gif

I''ve always wondered why some opals are in a white stone and some in a black stone. I love the black best because the colors just ''POP'' right out of the stone.

I''m totally ignorant when it comes to knowing anything about opals, but my eyes are telling me that this is one special stone!
31.gif

Amazing!
Black opals get their color from an impurity of carbon and/or manganese oxide.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results