shape
carat
color
clarity

Very Happy With Abazias Diamond Purchase

cagey68

Rough_Rock
Hi Pricescopers -

After about a year using this site as a research and knowledge tool, I purchased a 2.07 carat, VS1, I color stone (EGL-USA) from Abazias. Before the purchase I scheduled two diamonds be sent to my local appraiser (Ben Gordon, The Jewerly Judge in Houston - who does a great job of explaining every step of the process! I recommend him if you need an appraisal in Houston) for my review.

Having heard about the grade inflation from EGL-USA versus AGS or GIA, I was fulling expecting that the stones be a grade of two lesser in all color and clarity. John at Abazias was very upfront about this as well. When the diamonds arrived, Mr. Gordon did the appraisals and the DIamond that I ended up purchasing rated an AGS 0 for cut, VS1 for clarity, I/J for color. It is also a hearts and arrows! All this for a price of $12,100. I was very happy and purchased the stone.

That was great, but the story doesn't end here. I was double and triple checking and found the same stone (same EGL-US cert number) was being offered on several sites for less. I wrote and spoke to John, and Abazias is sending me my price match check for the difference! This brings the total cost of the diamond to $11.310!!!

Thank you Pricescope, Ben Gordon - the Jewerly Judge and John at Abazias for making the largest internet purchase I have ever made painless and enjoyable.

I am attaching pictures of the stone - ring and setting (a cool Scott Kay setting that I got at 50% of retail from Bailey, Banks and Biddle at their going out of business sale!)

FordK1.jpg

FordK2.jpg

FordK3.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulation, the ring is beautiful! Very blingy!

septsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Great story. Congrats. Beautiful ring.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats!

And whoa, bring on the bling :sun:

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!! What an awesome story!! The ring is gorgeous!! Are there any handshots? I'd love to see some more!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous set!!!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your rings and diamond are beautiful.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Very very pretty! Congrats!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful ring :appl: We want more pics :appl:

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
It's gorgeous!!!! Congrats!!!!!!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
A lot of bling.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bring on the Bling! Very nice purchases! Settings are Gorgeus!

cagey68

Rough_Rock
Some handshots are coming. I have to compile them and get them out here. Thanks for the input.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results