shape
carat
color
clarity

Very Good vs Excellent - Does it matter?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jimmyc

Rough_Rock
Howdy, I''m after some honest advise please.

I think I have found the stone that I''m after but there is one issue outstanding that I need some advise on. The size is right, the colour and clarity are right and the cut is right. The Sarin results are good.

Everything is spot-on apart from the Polish which is only "very good" instead of "excellent" (the symmetry is excellent).

On a 1.3 Carat stone will this make a difference or not?

Thanks

J

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I second that! Most times I can not tell the difference between excellent and very good even with the microscope. I believe that it will have absolutely NO effect to the unaided eye.

Wink

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
No, especially if everything else is your heart''s desire!

EZ

Rough_Rock
I have not actually factored polish into my search. Will it make a noticable price difference?

Carl

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Carl, if you stay with Ideal/EX and VG in symmetry and polish you''ll be fine. Some research has concluded that G is fine for polish too and only ''naked eye experts'' can distinguish between G and VG/EX symmetry.

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
I''m going to chime in and second the opinions expressed so far- I would even go further than John ands say Good/Good is pefectly sufficient to produce an amazing looking diamond.

As far as price- there''s realy no specific formula to determine how much more, or less a stone should be based on polish/symmerty

EZ

Rough_Rock
Thanks y''all. This is my first experience with big buck$ rock$ so I am going through all of the technical/emotional roller coaster experiences that I am sure a lot of greenhorns go through.

Carl
"A little knowledge is a dangerous thing"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results