shape
carat
color
clarity

very close to stone purchase... gathering opinions...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ccoobs

Rough_Rock
I''ve been scouring the web for a couple weeks now, learning all the way, thanks in large part to this particular forum. I feel like I''m getting very close and have my eye on a stone I found on PScope. Just wanted some opinions to hopefully confirm my excitement.

Here''s the stone I''m looking at:

http://www.virtcert.com/cgi/u/1012/v.cgi?stock=1295082&_s=1012&_p=sdf348gd743&_c=&_fs=1&prestock=

http://www.diamondimporters.com/search/view_details.plx?id=5229_F2183

Certificate....................GIA
Cut...............................PRINCESS
Carat............................0.44
Color............................E
Clarity.........................VS2
Price............................$824.23(USACert) $744(Abazias)
Price per Carat..........$1873.25
Measurements........4.25 x 4.17 x 2.93 mm
L/W Ratio..................1.02
Depth Percentage...70.3 %
Table Percentage...76 %
Girdle........................VTN-SLTK
Culet.........................NONE
Polish.......................GOOD
Symmetry.................GOOD
Fluorescence..........NONE
Other Notes..............NONE / CERT # ON GIRDLE
Clarity-Enhanced....NO

ccoobs

Rough_Rock
(continued from above)

I've decided that I can probably live with the 76% table, as anything lower tends to cause the price to shoot through the roof from what I've seen. The size, color, and clarity are all within my limits, the L/W ratio is great as far as I'm concerned, and the girdle is acceptable. The only thing I'm concerned with is the fact that none of the PScope sites show the GIA cert. I haven't tried calling any of them yet, though, so I may try that to see if I can take a look at it.

Any suggestions and/or opinions on this stone and/or vendors would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the tremendous help everyone's been over the past while.
1.gif

Cory

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Well, the stone sounds nice, if you can live with 76 % table... It should be pretty square looking and good/good is just fine. The girdle thickness worries me a bit, and it's a good idea to call the vendor and ask for a description...
Also, most probably the cert is a Diamond Dossier and it isn't listed because there isn't a plot, which is very helpful to determine the position and nature of inclusions (especially with SI clarities). But with a 0.44 VS 2 is absolutely perfect and should be extremely clean
1.gif
Also, can you get a Sarin??? Crown height is very important in princess cuts!

Hope that helps

Giangi
1.gif

ccoobs

Rough_Rock
I acquired a copy of the cert, and you're correct, Giangi, it's a Diamond Dossier Report. It does list the Characteristics of the inclusions (crystal, feather), although not the location, just as you'd suspected.

Thanks for your help.
1.gif

Cory

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
You're welcome... Have you decided to buy it?

ccoobs

Rough_Rock
I'm getting awfully close. The only thing that might possibly be holding back is that this morning, my girlfriend said she liked the Asschers, too, and would like one of those if it weren't a whole lot different in price. Well I found one of approximately the same stats as the Pricess I'm looking at, but it was about $160 more. The stats are as follows:

Laboratory: GIA
Carat Weight: 0.44
Color: F
Clarity: VS1
Depth: 65.1%
Table: 60%
Polish: VG
Symmetry: VG
Culet: NO
Girdle: STK
Fluorescence: Faint
Measurements: 4.41x4.38x2.85

So now I've got that to consider as well. But I do find comfort in being able to narrow it down to two at this point.
rolleyes.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Very honestly, Asscher don't look that good in smaller sizes... Just my opinion...

ccoobs

Rough_Rock
Thanks - I'll most likely go with the Princess.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results