shape
carat
color
clarity

Verragio Setting. What do you all think?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

guslik

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone!
I was searching today for a perfect setting and I found one on VERRAGIO web site.
Can anyone tell me how much should I expect to pay for this setting?
I really love it , I just have no idea how much setting like this can cost.
Anyone knows Verragio price range?
confused.gif
This setting is 0.55 carat TW, ENG-0184.
Here it is

e184x1.jpg

Thanks a lot!

homer_j

Shiny_Rock
I couldn't find this one, but check out solomon brothers. They have an extensive selection of verragio rings. At least you'll get an idea of price and selection.

guslik

Shiny_Rock
Hi again!
I checked today with local distributor of VERRAGIO.
This setting cost $2860!!! Is it possible for 0.55ctw platinum setting?
I never thought you can pay this much for the brand name.
What are my choices? Is it likely to find this setting for less?
Anyone?
confused.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Brand name settings are expensive!! Tacori is the same way as is Michael B and alot of other top-name designers with gorgeous settings.

You can try to have the ring replicated at a local jeweler for less..chances are it would be much less. We were interested in a Michael B pave ring with .43c of pave side stones eternity style around a plat band with a solitaire center 4 prong set stone. It was $2700 at the local Joe Escobar here. I found it online at a jeweler for $2300. A discount but not good enough. We had something very similar made, but with prong-set as opposed to pave-set (safer for the baby stones, less chance of loss)in platinum 4 prong, and our ctw came out to be .72c custom-made, much more heavy and better quality than the MB one..for $2000. So in the end we got a custom ring made for us, prong-set stones, almost double the carat weight for $300 less than the cheapest MB! Not bad.

guslik

Shiny_Rock
Hi!
Just found another perfect one.
Here is # 2 choice
which one you like better?
any opinions?
e124x1.jpg

jcdiamonds

Rough_Rock
Hi Guslink,

Wow, $2860 for a Platinum setting with .55 total weight for the Diamonds?

Perhaps you might consider the following:

Platinum mounting (with the design, labor, & casting): $ 1200
0.65 cts of F/VVS diamonds: $ 650
Total: $ 1850

This is not a difficult ring to re-create and improve on its design.

Please view the attached which is from a recent design of mine, which is similar to the Panther ring.

Thank you for viewing my post.
Mauricio

Panther Ring.jpg

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
Hi there!

Verragio has gorgeous settings... I agree totally. I like both of those designs... the first being a little more simpler, and the second one fancy and very different looking. I like them both. Problem with me is I have SMALL size 4.5 fingers and anything that goes too far down the sides like that get lost on my hand. I have tried numerous Verragio settings on myself. If you have bigger size fingers, nothing to worry about! But Verragio is also pretty pricey. I'd rather get it from another designer who can attempt to replicate it for much cheaper.
2.gif

Good luck!
~ Dancin Girl
12.gif

slmulkey

Shiny_Rock
Since you're asking for opinions, I like the first setting much better, it looks pretty classic. The second one looks a little to busy to me.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree...while the Veraggio settings look bulky to me in general...the first one is the better of the two. Less going on!
1.gif

guslik

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 4/8/2003 12:49:54 AM DancinGirl wrote:

Hi there!

Verragio has gorgeous settings... I agree totally. I like both of those designs... the first being a little more simpler, and the second one fancy and very different looking. I like them both. Problem with me is I have SMALL size 4.5 fingers and anything that goes too far down the sides like that get lost on my hand. I have tried numerous Verragio settings on myself. If you have bigger size fingers, nothing to worry about!
Good luck!
~ Dancin Girl
12.gif

----------------
Thank you all for your reply!
My finger size is 4.5 also , I've tried these settings yesterday and I LOVE how they look on my finger. They don't seem to go TOO FAR DOWN at all
1.gif
In fact on the pics they look much more bigger and Thicker, in reality these are very clasic and gorgeous settings.
As far as price goes , Mara is right , I guess, you have to pay for the name in this case. But checking out Verragio settings yesterday and compering them with different ones , I couldn't help it notice the high quality and substential weight they have. So I guess you are getting not just name , but also gorgeous high quality setting for your diamond.
I'm trying to find these setting for less on the web now, wish me luck!

loopy.gif
twirl.gif

sinden

Rough_Rock
I'm a little confused... went through all your threads and it appears you have a fairly interesting history. Whatever happened to the 2.84ct diamond you bought last year for $1950? Why going pricier/smaller, whence your primary determining factor was size? Why are you buying another diamond (is this the 3rd one)?

guslik

Shiny_Rock
)
----------------
On 4/8/2003 10:23:28 AM sinden wrote:

Whatever happened to the 2.84ct diamond you bought last year for $1950? Why going pricier/smaller, whence your primary determining factor was size? Why are you buying another diamond (is this the 3rd one)?
----------------

I'm exchanging 2.84 carat stone to the another stone (2.57 carat) I'm going higher in both clarity and color gradings. Of course I have to pay more money , but after all I'm getting better looking stone. (that needs a gorgeous setting
loopy.gif
)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah good point! It looks like you have purchased around 3 verra large stones in the last 6 months (if you bought the ones you posted on...I at least counted 2)...I'm jealous!
1.gif
What gives? Which stone is this setting for?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Damn posted too slowly. So you only had the 2.8c originally and never bought any of the other ones you asked about?

I remember one of your posts said that not everyone had the means to buy an ideal cut stone and that you were going for ctw more than anything. See...we knew we'd bring you around to our way of thinking eventually..exchanging the big honker for a slightly smaller better quality...
9.gif

guslik

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 4/8/2003 12:14:44 PM Mara wrote:

Damn posted too slowly. So you only had the 2.8c originally and never bought any of the other ones you asked about?

I remember one of your posts said that not everyone had the means to buy an ideal cut stone and that you were going for ctw more than anything. See...we knew we'd bring you around to our way of thinking eventually..exchanging the big honker for a slightly smaller better quality...
9.gif

----------------
Hi Mara!
Yes , you made me to go for the better cut/quality
naughty.gif

It is all this forum's fault!!
tongue.gif

As for the last 2 stones I asked you all about , I didn't purchase these.
Now I'm getting another stone 2.57ct and I'm going to send it to Rich as soon as I get it (this Friday probably) for the apprasal. I hope this stone will be as described and I won't have to send it back. I'm not hoping for Ideal cut though , but at least I expect it to be in Very good to Good cut range.
Wish me luck

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results