shape
carat
color
clarity

Verragio ring resize question

Cfipilot

Rough_Rock
Hey, so I have a problem. I managed to get a good deal on a closout verragio setting. The setting was new. Got it from a jewelry store that brought out another. Got the diamond from James Allen, got it set at a local jeweler, all good.

Except for the size, the ring size is 6.25, however my fiancé size is 5. I know that verragio rings can't really get resized, the local jeweler told me that resizing beads will not make up the difference.

Returning the setting would set me back 15% restocking. My fiancée really loves the ring, except for the size.

What are my options???

Btw the ring is the verragio 5013r

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Verragio ring resize ques

I wasn't able to find a picture of the setting using that information. Could you post a picture?

If the setting has one of those very intricate shanks for which Verragio is so well known, then sizing probably isn't an option, and returning it with only a 15 percent hit sounds like it might be a fair deal.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does this look like your ring, Cfpilot? It's the Venetian 5013R-4 (R for round stone), that's currently appearing on Verragio's web site:

But the rings in the Venetian Collection are offered in a choice of 5 different shanks, so maybe yours has one of the others?

verragio_venetian_5013r-4.jpg

choice_of_shanks_for_verragio_venetian.jpg

Michael_E

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Your only good option on a ring like that is to have a thin liner made up, inserted into the ring and tack it in place until it needs to be removed. To tack it in place I'd drill a few evenly spaced holes around the perimeter of the liner and tack it with a laser or pulse arc welder. Once it needs to be removed and sized larger, (due to pregnancy, age or whatever), It would be an easy matter to remove the liner by grinding out those little tack welds and installing a thinner liner or none at all. The only down side is that she'd need to be O.K. with the ring being a bit thicker between the fingers than normal.

Cfipilot

Rough_Rock
Yes that's it, I believe it's the lido style.

@micheal - she would be find with that. Is that standard practice for jewelers? I one I went to didn't suggest that.

gr8leo87

Shiny_Rock
Cfipilot said:
Yes that's it, I believe it's the lido style.

@micheal - she would be find with that. Is that standard practice for jewelers? I one I went to didn't suggest that.
It's actually perfectly fine and I have got it done for my customers a numerous times. It does cost a bit because of the added gold. And it's usually just the bottom 1/3 of the ring that needs to be inserted another piece and then finished.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cfipilot said:
If your local jeweler, or whatever outside "bench" they usually use, does not have the know-how & required equipment (I think the laser welder set-ups are generally priced between $15,000 - $25,000), it might not have occurred to him to suggest the liner solution because that's not a routine fix for him.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results