shape
carat
color
clarity

Verragio - Custom made - Claw prongs?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Daisyheart

Shiny_Rock
I'm finally getting around to setting my heart diamond -E SI1 3.67. Yesterday I went and picked a setting. It's a Verragio. It's just a plain setting from the top, and on the side it has a little "V" of diamonds. I couldn't find pictures of it on the website, but it's just a standard looking platinum cathedral setting (someone here has a similar setting with an ascher stone) but just the little bling from the side view. I wanted to keep the setting mostly plain because I'll lose the heart detail if it has sidestones, but the little V of diamonds from the side view are nice and don't take away from the overall shape. (It's not the one with the diamonds in the

Ok, so the price of the setting I saw was high but then they said it would be a little more to custom made the head so big for my stone.... Today they call and say that they can't just make a bigger head, they have to create the "entire ring" around the diamond, so the price DOUBLED +. They said the jeweler talked with Barry Verragio about this, so I guess I'm that made me feel a bit better ??? I decided to still go with it, because the setting was so pretty. I know NOTHING about verragio settings, but was told the diamonds will be E-F VVS color, is that true or not? The diamonds in the "V" of this ring were so small, they looked like chips, I don't know if that will change since the whole ring will be larger. I'm a bit nervous since I won't be seeing the ring at all until it's finished (4 weeks).

1. Here's my question. I know most of you aren't fans of heart shaped diamonds, but see if you can think outside the box on this one regarding the prongs. I know I have to have a "v" prong for the bottom of the point of the heart, but for the other prongs, do you think I should go with claw prongs, or standard prongs.

2. Also, do you think since the diamonds they were using look like chips, should I upgrade to the smallest cut diamonds? What is the smallest "cut" diamonds? are they 1 pointers or is there smaller?

3. Since it's custom, should I ask anything else, do anything else? The jeweler is trying to get me a photo of the setting and I'll post as soon as I can.

Again, I don't know anything about Verragio, the company...any insight on the company and their experiences would be great...
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I think your diamond is absolutely gorgeous--and I''d have it in a heartbeat! (no pun intended).

I don''t know if this would be of help, but if memory serves, didn''t Wink say that one of the Verragio family was going to be on Wink TV early next week. Would it help for you to tune in?

cheers--Sharon

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I believe Verragio settings are well made so I wouldn''t worry there at all. they do come with the designer pricetag but like many other designers, the wearers think they''re worth it.

Leon made this heart ring with no claw prongs and he''s famous for his, so I''d probably follow his example and do the regular ones. (when I first saw the pic on his site I wondered if this was your ring b/c you had said you might send yours to Leon)

http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=277

Daisyheart

Shiny_Rock
Sharon, Thanks so much for the tip, I''ll definatley watch that show. I''ve read alot about the company and I feel a little more comfortable. I was really concerned about the quality of the stones and my jeweler said they''d match the color with my diamond. The stones are really, really teeny, almost non-existant, but stil I didn''t want them to be a lower grade just in case it would be noticable.

Mrs. Salvo.... take a look at this ring http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=297 from leon. It''s a halo, but it has the little claws. I talked with Leon about making my setting, but my husband said for me to look around locally, since I wanted something plain, and go that route first. I didn''t know where to go in decribing what I wanted to leon over the miles, since I really hadn''t found one that I really liked, but I think this verrago will be nice. I just hope the whole, heart, custom thing doesn''t change the entire look of the setting. If I ever do a halo, or something with mele, I''ll definatley use Leon, his precision is amazing, but this one was pretty plain, so I went local.

Hopefully I''ll be h
30.gif
appy

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
trishy,

well, it''s obvious the claws/regular prongs both work and look great. I''d just go with the one I liked better. I can''t wait to see your ring, i know it will be stunning...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results