shape
carat
color
clarity

Vera Wang pave ring pictures

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cluelessL

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,
I tried on this Vera Wang ring & really like it. The ring is super thin though & I''m worried that it may not be safe. Also, it was verrry expensive for only .25 tcw
I tried searching the web for hours, but couldn''t find pictures of it, so I had the store take a picture and email it to me.
I figured I''d post it on here in case anyone else is looking for pictures & can''t find any.
Enjoy!

IMG_9278.jpg

cluelessL

Rough_Rock
another picture

IMG_9279.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Very lovely! You might want to post this in Rocky Talky that might increase the number or responses.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
She''s got some very pretty rings in her line, but nothing terribly difficult to find somewhere else for much cheaper, IMO. There is one ring she''s got with a twisted double shank in gold...I loved that one...but not the price!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hm... pave is always expensive and the weight of the diamonds involved has little to do with that - the number is more relevant. Actually the more small diamonds are set, the more difficult to make, nice and expensive the pieces. These diamonds should be less than one point (and way less on the prongs) and most likely set under maginification (something called 'micropave'). The result looks superb! And there are not many shortcuts to get the same results on the cheap.

Prices may be rather consistent for the same designer line, but there are more such collections using micropave. Take a look at Pearlmansjewelers.com for example - they list several. And Dircheapdiamonds.com has some relatively similar things. I think this ring is daintier than most allright, but in a small size (both ring and stone) I would dare wear it under reasonable circumstances. Not for gardening, but otherwise, why not. And jewelry insurance is there to catter fo such doubts so you do not have to worry about it at least until you see how it holds under normal wear.

How much is it anyway?

If no other design will do and this is really over the top, you can always try having one made. Recently quite a few posters went that way and you can find allot of detail about custom projects searching backwards from the results posted on 'Show Me the Ring'.
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pretty but the design is not unique to Vera Wang...Michael B has something similar or you could go custom and use the general idea of pave but maybe more metal or a different head design or similar.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/30/2005 8:42:38 PM
Author: Mara
Pretty but the design is not unique to Vera Wang...
Yeah...

This comes from the ''Pearlmans Collection'' - it should be very similar (.22cts tcw, half eternity pave and pave prongs...)
The bar between the prongs makes me feel more confident about its strength too.

12EE13.jpg

cluelessL

Rough_Rock
the setting was $2700
i did look at the michael b. settings as well, but liked the head on this one better
i''m still trying to find the ritani ring (endless love with no halo like Butterfly17 & NoviceNYC) but cannot find it at any of the Ritani retailers in the NYC area to try it on.
I also tried on a very similar (but 3 sided pave) Rina Limor ring....but I liked how thin & delicate this vera wang one was...i feel like it will really make my 1 ct rb pop.
Hopefully I can find the Ritani locally to try it on & make my decision
26.gif

cluelessL

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/30/2005 9:02:56 PM
Author: valeria101
Date: 8/30/2005 8:42:38 PM

Author: Mara

Pretty but the design is not unique to Vera Wang...

Yeah...

This comes from the ''Pearlmans Collection'' - it should be very similar (.22cts tcw, half eternity pave and pave prongs...)

The bar between the prongs makes me feel more confident about its strength too.

12EE13.jpg

thanks valeria - that ring does look nice. i think i want the pave to go more around the ring though...almost full eternity with just a small plain area for re-sizing purposes. do you happen to know how wide that pearlman''s ring is?

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~That Vera Wang setting is gorgeous ... I wonder if it comes with different types of center stones (like a Princess or Cushion)?
30.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
some may caution against a setting like that vera wang for daily wear...as the pave may not be supported by enough metal to protect them from falling out from the daily wear and tear that we naturally inflict on our rings.

this is why i went with a custom setting that had more metal and more prongs...it''s not quite as delicate but i can knock it around with no worries.

i''d hate to spend $2700 on something and have the pave fall out!! just a note...as this has been discussed before re: thin bands and micro pave.

at least the ritani bands are channel set so the metal protects the stones.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is a version of that ring full eternity (actually more than one, I think). The shank of the all around pave version is 2.2mm wide... they say.

Is the VV one allot less? The rings at Pearlmans are not allot less expensive - actually, the all-around-pave version is more than yours. Take a look HERE.

You can find wedding bands and rings either pave or channel set thinner that that (1.8mm wedding bands and even close to 1mm!) but there is no telling how durable those are. Perhaps not the kind of jewelry to leave across generations, but if you like them so thin, then so be it.

A 1.5mm or so diamond band looked like a piece of sparkling thread on my size 3 finger. Too litle, IMO. The jeweler laughed at the idea of making a pinky ring like that (size 1) - he said that would be the smallerst ring he ever made in every way.

On the other hand... I do not know how small Whiteflash can turn this, but the ring looks lovely to me:

tmb_big_DSCN1451.jpg.jpg

As much as I can tell, the head looks like the one used by VV (no bar between prongs) but the prongs end in claws and are not paved (which allows them to be smaller too). This is a custom job, so you could have some controll over deatails (i.e. bright cuting on the sides of the shank, lie the VV ring). And then, do you have your diamond yet ? There might be better deals around that what you might be getting locally at VV distributors
38.gif

cluelessL

Rough_Rock
thank you for all your responses!

i''m not sure why wide the VW ring is, but it was definitely under 2mm (maybe 1.5 - 1.8?)

Mara - I have read the other threads about thin micropave & the safety of the stones...i really love the look, but need to decide if it''s worth it for me. I am most likely going to get my ring custom made because there are elements of several different designer rings i like...and none i have found so far that have it all

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, that is a lovely ring...whose is it? Did they post hand shots? Or is it only on the WF web page? Very pretty!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
val that WF ring is just stunning!

cluelessL

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/30/2005 10:18:05 PM
Author: valeria101
There is a version of that ring full eternity (actually more than one, I think). The shank of the all around pave version is 2.2mm wide... they say.

Is the VV one allot less? The rings at Pearlmans are not allot less expensive - actually, the all-around-pave version is more than yours. Take a look HERE.

You can find wedding bands and rings either pave or channel set thinner that that (1.8mm wedding bands and even close to 1mm!) but there is no telling how durable those are. Perhaps not the kind of jewelry to leave across generations, but if you like them so thin, then so be it.

A 1.5mm or so diamond band looked like a piece of sparkling thread on my size 3 finger. Too litle, IMO. The jeweler laughed at the idea of making a pinky ring like that (size 1) - he said that would be the smallerst ring he ever made in every way.

On the other hand... I do not know how small Whiteflash can turn this, but the ring looks lovely to me:

tmb_big_DSCN1451.jpg.jpg

As much as I can tell, the head looks like the one used by VV (no bar between prongs) but the prongs end in claws and are not paved (which allows them to be smaller too). This is a custom job, so you could have some controll over deatails (i.e. bright cuting on the sides of the shank, lie the VV ring). And then, do you have your diamond yet ? There might be better deals around that what you might be getting locally at VV distributors
38.gif

ohhh that wf ring is very lovely indeed! thank you for posting it!
i do have a diamond already... a 1 ct RB

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can''t find the post, but someone from WF once said they do not (willingly) make rings under 2mm width because this is not safe. At least a custom jeweler can warn you upfront.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
MY toe rings from WF are 2mm and they are VERY thin and delicate....I don''t know actually after seeing them on the foot if I''d want something that thin on my finger! I''d destroy it probably. Due to my rounded toe ends, I think the rings actually rarely (if ever) touch the ground or anything else.

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
oh! that's peautiful.I belive WF makes really nice one
also
I like SP's diamond e-ring setting
30.gif

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
valeria, i know that you said you can''t find the post, but do you know who made that custom piece. it is stunning. also, here''s a real newbie question -- is that an oval center?

hailey

Rough_Rock
Hi cluelessL,

I just wanted to say that Vera Wang ring is beautiful! It was a setting I actually considered. I only chime in here because I feel like I have some advice regarding the thin micropave bands. I have the Michael B petite princess, which is similar to the VW setting, maybe a smidge bigger (2.0 mm). If that is the look you want then you I say go with the setting that you find. I adore my Michael B ring. And you will pay more for the smaller diamonds that are EXCELLENTLY set.

From experience, I have had my ring for almost 3 years and have yet to have any damage or diamond security issues. I wear my Michael B ring to do everything! I am reasonable and take it off usually to do dishes and most nights I take it off before bed because I don''t like sleeping with any jewelry on, even my wedding/engagement rings. My point is...it''s NOT that fragile and delicate. When I was considering my ring, my jeweler described the Micahel B as appearing delicate but actually being a "pit bull" as far as durability.

I''m not "selling" the Micahel B look, but it is similar to the VW and costly per carat weight. My concern was that if you were considering going custom, just remember that some of the "cost" is the insurance that it is an extermely well made ring. My jeweler even said that if any of my diamonds did fall out, etc. that the company would replace them. It''s NOT a big deal.

As an afternote, one of my good girlfriends loved the look of my ring. She and I went to her jeweler, he looked at my ring, and made her a custom ring "similar" to my ring. Her ring is beautiful! It looks "similar". She has had to replace 3 diamonds in less than 1 year. Her ring cost about 1/3 less than mine. The cost of replacing these small diamonds is negligable. It''s not that much.

I guess my point is, you DO pay for the quality of the setting, not just the carat weight. I think Ritani has very similar settings. Please PM me if you would like to get more info on my jeweler or any more questions!

kaya

Rough_Rock
My comment to this is that I do have a Michael B petite crown lace collection engagement ring and matching wedding band, which I wear together. That said, a diamond did fall out of the pave setting in one of the rings. The advantage of buying from Michaels is that they will take it back and replace the diamond, no questions asked, so I plan to drive there since I live fairly close by and have them do that and check the others and the prongs and have them clean it too. I must say that I don't wear my ring to sleep, do not do dishes and I don't work with it on. I've had the ring since October 04, is when I got engaged, and the wedding band since January 05. When my husband called the Micheal B studio, (he bought it directly from them), they said the rings were meant to be worn together, and that it is unual for the stones to fall out. That said, it can happen, it did to me. But I'm happy to know that it has a lifetime guarantee on their work and the rings, and having insurance for both help too.

eta: I love my rings, and can't wait to walk into the Micahel B jewellry store.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results