shape
carat
color
clarity

Vera Wang MicroPave Alternative

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lux_Lauren

Rough_Rock
I, like so many others, fell in love with the Vera Wang Micropave solitaire setting. (Most of it, at least, but not the strange prongs…) I was looking for a set to reset a ~1 ct RB with a matching wedding band. With a very limited budget, I didn''t have much hope for finding what I wanted, everyone said at least $2000 per band. But lucky me, I found a setting through bridalrings.com which has been exactly what I wanted and fit my budget. Here''s a link to the set (listing is for the wedding band.)

Its a very thin band (I''ve never actually measured, but I tried on the Vera Wang setting, and I''d say this is just as thin (within a 1/10 of a mm either direction). The quality seems really good, I''ve been wearing it around a year with no problems at all, no loose stones, etc. The sides are smoother than the VW, which seemed to be almost scored in a pattern (sorry, don''t know correct term). I also got 3/4 eternity, but might have the rest of the band filled for an anniversary or something, which they said they could do for ~$150 per band. All told, the set cost me just under $1200 including setting and appraisal.

The service has been great! I wanted to see the ring in person before buying, so they sent to me with a hold on my credit card. They always ship 2nd day or overnight. I wanted it as a 4 prong, which they did no problem. I wanted to make sure the rings would sit flush against each other, which they do beautifully. I''ve already sent them to be replated once (at no charge.) They have a lifetime guarantee, so if any of the stones do fall out (due to normal wear and tear, of course) they will replace them for free. Replating is also free for life (around once a year, I think.) I was nervous about ordering rings and sending my diamond off to be set, but I couldn''t be happier with the results. I worked with Cathy, ands shes been very helpful and always quick to respond. If someone else is looking for a budget version of the Vera Wang setting (or just thin micropave bands) I would highly recommend calling Cathy.

engagement_alb.jpg

Lux_Lauren

Rough_Rock
Here are both bands together.

both_alb.jpg

Lux_Lauren

Rough_Rock
And here is me trying on the original Vera Wang.

The lighting wasn''t great when I took pictures of my rings in the box, but they are every bit as sparkly as the original Vera Wang one. In the sunshine they are ridiculous. I might try to take pictures in the sun if anyone is interested in seeing them…

I hope this info helps someone out there who was in my situation!

VeraWang_alb.jpg

xiao

Rough_Rock
ooh..this is exactly the style that I have been looking for on my setting search.
I have the stone in hand..just looking for the perfect delicate pave setting now.
Will definitely give them a call and make a decision between this and the James Allen French Cut Pave.

Do you have any pictures of the ring on your finger? And also on the side to see how the head is mounted?
Thanks SO MUCH for posting!

Lux_Lauren

Rough_Rock
No good pictures on my hand, my husband snapped these when they came back from being replated. I will try to take some tonight though and post them. The standard setting is a 6 prong basket (with the bar that goes from prong to prong mid way up), but they put a 4 prong ''tiffany style'' setting on it for me. I''m sure they would work with you to get the kind of setting you wanted on it.

LovesAllDiamonds!

Rough_Rock
Does anyone know where you can currently view the Vera Wang diamond settings?

xiao

Rough_Rock
Thanks...will await pictures. :)
Here''s a link to the engagement setting, if anyone else is interested.
http://www.bridalrings.com/jewelscart2000/store//jewelscart2000_viewItem.asp?idProduct=5467
The 6 prong head looks nice.. but i would love to see your Tiffany head too.
Congrats again on such a lovely set!
30.gif

got2goldens

Shiny_Rock
That set is simply beautiful.
I love it!

Kat

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 3:26:45 PM
Author: Lux_Lauren
No good pictures on my hand, my husband snapped these when they came back from being replated. I will try to take some tonight though and post them. The standard setting is a 6 prong basket (with the bar that goes from prong to prong mid way up), but they put a 4 prong ''tiffany style'' setting on it for me. I''m sure they would work with you to get the kind of setting you wanted on it.
You''ve only had the rings for a year and you already had to have them replated?

snow483

Rough_Rock
It''s common to have white gold rings replated every 6-12 months.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would have thought you wouldn''t notice the white gold needing replating on a ring like that. Its all diamonds
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 5:51:24 PM
Author: Maisie
I would have thought you wouldn''t notice the white gold needing replating on a ring like that. Its all diamonds
9.gif
ditto. those rings are gorgeous

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 4:02:25 PM
Author: LovesAllDiamonds!
Does anyone know where you can currently view the Vera Wang diamond settings?
They have been discontinued so the answer to your question is that you won''t find them anywhere. There were lots of problems with the V.W. line...quality, stone falling out, bending of the band...etc.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 5:46:05 PM
Author: snow483
It''s common to have white gold rings replated every 6-12 months.
Myth.

I have white gold 14kt. and 18kt. rings that I''ve worn for close to 10 years now and never needed to have them replated. I''ve heard of rare cases where people''s body chemistry wore off the rhodium plating quickly, but I don''t think one year is the average by any means?

Lux_Lauren

Rough_Rock
I have white gold 14kt. and 18kt. rings that I''ve worn for close to 10 years now and never needed to have them replated. I''ve heard of rare cases where people''s body chemistry wore off the rhodium plating quickly, but I don''t think one year is the average by any means?

The main reason I had them replated so soon was that I wore the e ring for significantly longer than the wedding band, and could see a very definite difference in the color between the rings on the section without pave. On the pave parts of the band, it wasn''t discernible. The company I got the rings from did recommend sending them in yearly for replating and to check the setting for any loose stones, wear, etc, so I went ahead and sent them. Maybe I have weird body chemistry?

No new pictures tonight, but I will try to get some of the side soon!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results